SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tennesseeluverz

Fragrant Flower/Plant Suggestions For Apartment Balcony

tennesseeluverz
14 years ago

Hello all, this is my very first post here. I am a very new gardener and am looking for advice/suggestions of different plants that are fragrant for my apartment balcony.

A little info about the area. I live in Memphis, TN, so summers can get very hot here (in the 90's/100's) and winters can get in the teens and single digits. My balcony faces the north west and does get sunny when the sun is out but there are also 3 tall pine trees that are in front of my balcony about 15 feet away. My balcony is also covered and pretty large, like a rectangle shape.

My bedroom window also faces the balcony so would be nice to smell something wonderful when windows are opened. I have rocking chairs out there now with a table and am looking for some type of fragrant flower/plant that will do well in my climate here, needs to be able to be planted in a pot. Would like it to be something that will come back year after year if at all possible. All suggestions are welcome as I don't really know where to start. Thanks.

- Taryn

TennesseeLuverz@aol.com

Comments (2)