SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imahousenewbie

Help! Will my new fuschias die because of our climate?

imahousenewbie
11 years ago

While vacationing in San Francisco, I came across these lovely flowers (which I'd never seen before) and decided I had to have one. They remind me of little fairies in tutus, so cute! I bought two hanging types, hybrids of pink and purple. Not sure what kind; they aren't labeled. Anyway, I brought them home to where I live in San Bernardino and set them outside under my shaded porch. But now they're wilting and the leaves/stems are crinkly dry, falling off. I've watered them enough; the soil is moist still so I have been careful not to water them more, as I have heard fuschias can easily get too wet. They're still in their original plastic pots from the nursery...I still need to buy hanging baskets, but wanted to make sure they lived first. But there are holes in the bottom and it seems to be draining well.

Are these just not going to survive in my climate? The girl at the nursery said they should be ok as long as they're not in direct sunlight, but I'm wondering if she really knew or not...our temps are hitting 90s/100s. Are they doomed or is there a way to save them?

Comments (4)

Sponsored