SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acerbob

Gaskins Seedlings

acerbob
13 years ago

The bidding war has started. If "classic" Gaskins DL are your favorite, head on over to the LA. Wish I could afford that kind of money, but $400-$600 dollars is a car payment or mortage payment.

I visited with Mary and Phil over the Memorial day weekend, which was also the weekend of the National Convention. Nicole Harry happened to be at the garden also, very nice lady. The Gaskins are super nice down-home ppl who had a DL hobby that turned into an elite DL garden. In mid-May as the DL begin to bloom seedlings are placed into 3-4 groups. $10 seedlings, $25 seedlings, seedlings to be sold on the LA, and possible-probable intros for next release year. I was able to see all the seedlings for sale now on the LA, and they truly are spectacular. The color is hard to capture with a camera, but most of these are really close to the actual flowers. I was able to find a few really good deals in the $25 group.

Again Mary stated that they are going to try to close the garden or it may change hands (ideally thier son). This may also add to the price war. Mary said the garden was more work than she wanted, and it was keeping her away from her grandkids. I can understand that. They are supposed to be "retired".

Have fun looking and bidding.

Bob

Comments (3)