SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Anyone else moving plants this month?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Now that it's cooling off, it's time to move plants before it gets too cold this fall. I move a lot of things in the spring and fall...and so far, so good.

Some plants have grown bigger than I thought they would, while others aren't doing as well as I had hoped in their space. I'm moving a bunch of things this month, but the gardens probably won't look much different, especially from a distance.

I like the overall layout, but I need to swap a few things around. The peonies are going to go in the kitchen garden, while the roses at the entry are going into the front gardens. Snow Pavement roses are pretty deer resistant...if you don't count the flowers. LOL I think they'll be beautiful with my other flowers, especially since I've discovered they're pale lavender, not white. Very pretty little rugosas.

I also need to plant my clematis around the arbor and finish planting my clearance perennials...but they were such a good deal! Once I get that done, it will be time for bulbs. I didn't know how much I was going to like those last year, but this spring, they were beautiful :)

Comments (17)

Sponsored