SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Blooms that the thunderstorms didn't ruin

celeste/NH
10 years ago

We have been having very strong thunderstorms every evening that have taken a toll on my roses which are (were) at their peak bloom. I'm grateful for the heavy rain which means I won't have to drag the hoses around for hours to water everything but the blooms on the old roses are so fragile, they look like wet tissue paper now.
Oh, and I found my first japanese beetle today munching on a bloom so soon they'll take over everything....ugh.
I can't wait until my daylilies start blooming which will be in July (lots of scapes showing) but here's a few pictures of other things blooming in my gardens which the rains didn't completely destroy.

Celeste

My earliest asiatic lily to bloom. It is called Tiny Todd but it really isn't very tiny. It's planted against the house.

The marker for this asiatic faded years ago, forgot the name....

Crested Sweetheart rose....bred by Ralph Moore

Roguchi clematis, love these little blue bells dangling gracefully from the vines......

Bonnie Holley (I've shown it before, it was a 'cheat' Mayrott bloomer from fall-planting & thinks it's in California still....blooms are improving)

Left border by the road........

Right border by the road this year....

(Over the winter, DD's ex-boyfriend drove his car into this border and took out some rosebushes while driving drunk and totally missing our driveway, so I will post both pictures to show that I had to rebuild the wall and replace destroyed plants....ugh)

Right border by the road from last year

roses (rugosas and explorers)

Marchesa Boccella, old rose

Comments (12)