SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Bed MPI -- Middle pasture I bed

overview first ... used to be a line of apples trees ... 6 here.. 6 to the right of the bed.. bed built to avoid having to mow over the stumps ... one left for kids to climb on ... i cant wait until i can kill it ...

{{gwi:865760}}

Pinus mugo Yellow TipÂ.. still trying to figure out how to capture the color in a pic ....

{{gwi:865761}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Baby Blue Ice' .. these are all mini's... or close... when buying small ones... it usually takes along time to form some concept of appreciation.. when they are barely higher than your boot .. this thing is awesome in this pic... i am going to have to lower myself to it.. and really get a good look at it.. when the soil is warm .. this should be the definition of cone shaped ....

{{gwi:865762}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Curly Tops' .. this one is just the opposite.. lol ... it always looks like it is curling up to die... hopefully when it gets some size ... it will strike me better .. this might be in a differing bed.. go figure.. well .. here it is ..

{{gwi:865763}}

Picea abies 'Pygmaea' .. just a neat little plant with a weird name

{{gwi:865764}}

Picea abies 'Vermont Gold' .. i think i bought 3 of these for a total under 10$ ... this might be the only one left ... and i dont have high hopes for it coming out the other side of winter ... though they seem to die in the heat of summer ....they are not 'established' and i am sure that is part of the problem .. a lot of hail damage on it

{{gwi:865765}}

Picea glauca 'Butterball' ... i dont see anything ballish about it.. and certainly nothing buttery .... based on the size at purchase.. it has to be a rooted plant ... so its not a rootstock issue for sure ...

{{gwi:845740}}

Pinus pumila 'Blue Dwarf' .. really nice .... going to have to get up close and personal with this one also ... and.. that is NOT a weed ... it free range ..carp..just blanked.. stonecrop... thanks google.. sedum ... on my sand.. in the heat of summer.. the only thing green in the pastures .. i hesitate to call it lawn ....

{{gwi:679947}}

Pinus sylvestris 'Moseri' .. the green version in the FY post... this is the aurea version

{{gwi:865767}}

Pinus sylvestris 'Nana Compacta'

{{gwi:865769}}

Thuja occidentalis 'Hetz Midget' ... looks like its going to be globular ... i mean .. global .. i mean globosa.. i mean ROUND

{{gwi:865770}}

Thuja orientalis `Morgan' an exact mini duplicate [everything but size].. of the one that will not be mentioned ... that always irritates blue ... lol ... though not as limey in summer ... nice deep green with heavy winter bronzing

{{gwi:830330}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz