SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

late summer garden

Sort of by accident, the front garden has become one that peaks in late summer. It's looking pretty good out there now. The final flourishes - from asters and the heptacodium tree haven't started yet - but should within a week or so.

I've been working at turning the herb bed along the south side of the driveway into the 'hot' colored bed. That has been going nicely this year. The big pots we grow peas in earlier in the summer get planted with fall mums this time of year, so the mums were selected to go with the established color theme for that area.

Sage, Helenium, and Summer Wine ninebark (the Paprika roses and a few late daylilies are not very visible in this picture...):

The pots of mums:

A view that combines the elements of the two previous views:

In the front bed, the hardy hibiscuses are the stars at this time of year. I love the deep, rich red ones in particular.

The White Moth hydrangeas which have been blooming in big masses along the garage for the past 6 weeks or so are starting to wind down now but 'Little Lamb' has just started to bloom there:

July was a brutal moth here with the heat and drought. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well everything has survived.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio