SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollywog_gw

I'm back!

Hollywog
17 years ago

I just wanted to say 'hi' to all of my Gardenweb friends. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to even do any gardening, much less get on here and chat. It seems like the kids have so much going on that between chauffering them and going to work/cooking/cleaning I don't ever have 5 minutes for myself. Since starting a new job in July, I hadn't even looked at my gardens (gasp!) until I had the day off last Monday. I went out to look at the sorry state they were in---just for a moment, mind you---and then I started pulling weeds and seed gathering and before I knew it almost 3 hours had passed and my fingernails were grubby and my knees were muddy and I felt tons better than I had in weeks. I didn't even realize how much I had missed it! It truly is therapeutic. So I made a deal that evening with my daughter---I'll start dinner when I get home from work in the evening, but she finishes it, sets the table, and then the other two will clean up afterwards so that I can use the quickly dwindling time of evening daylight to work on my gardens. And I am going to try to get on this forum at least twice a week so that I can keep up with 'things' here (like the fall seed swap, which I now have a lot of fun things for!).

Well, I just wanted to 'stop in' and say hey, and I've done that now! Hopefully I'll be talking to you all again soon.

Comments (3)

Sponsored