SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wertach2

I finally made some fig leaf tea!

I have read about it here and other places, I was kinda concerned about the "laxative affect" that some people mentioned. I have problems in that area already! LOL

I picked 5 leaves Friday, so that I could get over any bad effects before Monday, washed them and put them in my toaster oven on the 2 slices of toast setting. They were dry and crumbly about half way through the cycle, so I took them out.

I crumbled them and put them in my coffee maker, brewed up a 12 cup pot full. The aroma in the air was fantastic, who needs candles! LOL

I'm not too big on hot tea, but I put in some Splenda and drank a cup hot. Really good! I put the rest in a jar with a lid and stuck it in the fridge overnight. Fantastic!

I didn't have any ill affects by Sunday, so I dried some more and brewed up a gallon to take to work today and share with my coworkers. They loved it!

I warned them about the possible side affects from posts I have read and they still drank it with their lunch. I have requests from all of them for leaves to make their own, so I'm going to gather a few bags full when I get home.

I hope nobody gets the possible side effects! LOL

Could there be a market for fig tea? My tree is huge, so i could get a lot of leaves late in the season.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County