SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cedarglen_gw

New Projects?

cedarglen
13 years ago

Hello all,

Now that fall is here I wonder how many of you are undertaking new projects. I am constantly doing this, despite having about a million things already on the go. It's like a disease :).

Here is the latest. Tonight I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things, and lo and behold, plants were on sale. They had a whole table of creeping sedums for a dollar each... I couldn't resist and bought 13. They are all really different and interesting to look at. I've been ruminating on it all evening, and once the baby was asleep I went outside to examine the area right in front of my house. We have a scrubby area that is 30 year old crushed rock right before the front porch. It probably once functioned as a sort of patio, but now it looks like a dandelion garden... anyway, my plan is to eventually turn it into a real patio. I'm actually thinking about pouring my own cement flagstones - I saw a woman do this once and it turned out beautiful. I would love to just purchase flagstones, but they are SO pricey. Anyway, I digress. Next to my future patio I am now going to build a sedum garden. I'm envisioning something that looks like a quilt of sedum groundcovers that lines the patio and connects it to the garden. The space is pretty big, so I hope it won't be weird. What do you all think? Has anyone ever created a big sedum garden? For that matter, has anyone ever poured their own patio?

What projects do you all have in the works? I would love to hear about all of your plans and ideas! And, if anyone has pics to go along with their ideas, all the better!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH