SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Bed MPC

3 overviews from 3 directions ... the big brown thing is some hydrangea ...

{{gwi:857615}}

{{gwi:857616}}

{{gwi:857617}}

Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Aureo-variegated' .... what is the proper name for this one now???? historically .. the white burns off in winter.. i think it hangs around more now that it is established ... there are 2 versions.. one white.. one gold.. two differing names... anyone care to chime in on that ... i think my white tipped version died.. its windy and ZERO out there [-17C] ... i am not going to look closer than these pix ...

{{gwi:857619}}

{{gwi:857621}}

we are into the heavy frost pix.. i hope you warm zone peeps can appreciate it.. even though it tends to obscure color ..

Chamaecyparis pisifera filifera 'Lemon Thread'... its amazing this thing ever grows upward... its leader is always flopping over [look close you can see it].. but somehow.. it always gets taller ... just a really cool spaghetti leafed plant [the filifera part of the name].. neat color ... surprised i didnt get a closeup ... the frost means i was probably freezing by this time .. lol .. and the stake in the middle of the pic is another clue to how cold affects concentration

{{gwi:247043}}

Juniperus chinensis 'Shimpaku' ... set it back with a hard transplant ... i wonder what its potential is .. anyone????

{{gwi:857623}}

Picea glauca 'Dent'.. really cool spring colors... branchlets of cream, drab green [sorta a teal] .. and green... all on the same twig ... white tends to burn in summer.. and is finished off in winter .. but well worth it for the spring show ....

{{gwi:857625}}

Picea pungens 'Hoopsii' .. another.. not the best pic for color

{{gwi:857627}}

Picea sitchensis 'Sugarloaf' .. weird little thing ... wonder what it will look like when it grows up

{{gwi:857630}}

Pinus bungeana 'Diamant' .. I THINK is has some spring color.. but not enough to go get the camera.. hopefully the show will increase when the plant gets bigger ... is the bungeana part.. the colored trunk thingee .... that i am going to have to wait decades for???

{{gwi:857633}}

Pinus Koraiensis 'Oculus Draconus' ... absolutely cool P. kor form and shape ... if the terms differ .... a total and complete FAILURE as a OD .... in 5 years.. maybe two variegated buds ... frankly ... am contemplating its death.. i have another.. a story for another post ... and it is so vigorous.. it is really going to swamp this bed too soon ... its still within my capability to remove.. i better make up my mind soon ..

i knew its potential growth rate at planting.. and it was about 3 foot at planting.. and was placed to obscure the neighbors white hillside basement 150 feet behind it.... ... [read that.. blindingly white in late afternoon to sunset] ...now that other things are getting to size.. its primary use is not needed .... the 2nd overview is taken from the neighbors side ... toward my chair .. frontporch

Pinus parviflora 'Fukai' .. to say this plant lacks vigor.. is perhaps.. the understatement of the century .... another version of GROW OR DIE.... you are buggin the heck out of me ....

{{gwi:802972}}

Pinus thunbergii 'Bill Barger's Yard' .. no clue where it was found.. lol .... some interesting nursery tag work here ....

{{gwi:857636}}

Pinus thunbergii 'Oculus Draconus' .. opposite end of the bed ... a plant that has had a hard life .... bugs hit the tips.. another year.. i think frost got the tips ... so now we are developing not one.. not 2.. not 3.. but 4 leaders ... might pare that down to two this spring ... yeah right.. put that on the TO DO List ...

{{gwi:857639}}

and finally ...

Tsuga canadensis 'New Gold' .. not in winter.. lol ... really neat spring flush coloration .. can you guess what it might be ... and that is not the leader.. you are seeing a cherry tree 20 or so feet behind it ... another plant.. with a floppy leader.. that make one wonder how it ever grows skyward ... ken

{{gwi:857641}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES