SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Everything's coming up roses

celeste/NH
10 years ago

So Oliver was born right smack in the middle of rose season and I've missed much of it because he's so gosh darn adorable and sweet. Already at just 6 days old he has stolen all our hearts and as beautiful as the roses are, Ollie is far more enticing and I am neglecting my gardens. I did tear myself away from him while his mama was feeding him and went outside after the rain and took these pictures. There are so many things blooming now that I can't keep up with photos and soon the daylilies will be blooming so I hope I can manage to keep up somewhat. He sure is a distraction....lol.

Celeste

OLLIE's picture first, of course......
{{gwi:802842}}

The antique roses are the most beautiful, IMHO. This is centifolia Variegata'.....

This is the gallica 'Duc de Guiche'.....

Left rose border by the road....Couldn't get it all in one picture.

for those of you who liked my mountain laurel, here are more......(No, I don't know names since I've had these for ages and never labeled them).

Now for some of the modern roses....
This is the outstanding winter-hardy Buck rose 'Quietness'. She is hardy to the tips here and is always beautiful.

I planted her right alongside the steps up to the front deck....She stands over 6 feet tall.

The hardy Explorer rose 'Frontenac' in the background and Kordes 'Lupo' in the foreground provide lots of pink....

This is the Austin rose 'The Generous Gardener' which is a small climber here.

some hot-colored gazania are blooming....

BTW, I hate the 'new' Photobucket! It took me forever to get these up. Ugh.

Comments (11)