SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovesbirds4

Columnar Norway Spruce

lovesbirds4
13 years ago

Can anyone offer some advice about the columnar norway spruce? We are looking for a fast growing, TALL border off our back deck/back yard, so our deck is about 15 feet off the ground and we are already up on a hill, and the area we want to cover up is below this height, so the trees have to grow fairly high. I want to be sure that these trees grow tall enough, I read different reviews of them, some say they grow as high as 40 feet. They are suppose to be deer resistant, but I read a comment where deer ate some of these trees. My main concern is that about 12 trees will grow wide enough to cover about an 80 feet wide space and MAINLY, that they will grow TALL enough to actually grow 40 feet, as some websites say they do--we need to cover an area below us, so they need to grow tall enough. Also, how much sun do they need? Again, I see websites that say full sun is needed, to websites that say only a little sun is fine. They seem fairly disease resistant, has anyone found this not to be true? Any information you may have to help out in this matter is most appreciated, again mainly height/growth issues is really what we need to learn about.

Thank you so much.

Comments (22)