SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anicee_gw

Starting a new garden at 57

anicee
12 years ago

When we sold our house last year I thought to myself that was the last garden I ever made. I had planted over a hundred shrubs, many trees, many flower beds, potager...I am now on my own and just sold this house after being here only 1 year and will be moving again but this time in a rural community. 2 big moves in a year.

I have bought an old but renovated farmhouse on a few acres. No garden there but a few trees: oak, beech, maple and willow and maybe some others I'll know when I move at the end of the month.

Lots of grass...the house is elevated and sits pretty on a little hill and screams to have flower beds around it and shrubs and more trees.

I will be living alone there with my pets and I'm kind of putting pressure on myself to create again a beautiful garden. I love gardening but it has to be relaxing and a nice hobby. I am in good physical shape and I think this time around I will need to be more patient with my gardening. I know trees take time to grow and if I am to stay there for a long time, chances are I'll see them big when I am in my seventies.

Would you start a big garden on a few acres in your late fifties?

Aniee

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert