SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aubade

Shasta Daisies (Becky) Stopped Flowering

14 years ago

Hi All

So I planted some Shasta Daisies in my potager to attract pollinators to the veggies. (Plus, I just love daisies!) I bought two plants from a big box store that had flowers all over them, and planted them in a full sun at the end of June.

The looked beautiful for a while, then of course the flowers started to die so I deadheaded them thinking more would grow but none did. The leaves still look fine, healthy and green, but no new flowers.

I thought these were supposed to keep blooming for a while. Is it because they are newly planted? Or maybe do I need to fertilize them? I did spray them with a little Maxicrop while I was doing my veggies but that's it.

I have some liquid bloom booster fertilizer too - with no nitrogen, just phosphorus and potassium that I am using for my peppers. Would this help to encourage blooms in these daisies too or should I use a more balanced fertilizer (if either would even help).

This is just my second year gardening so I'm full of questions. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH