SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Nothing Feeds Addiction like Sucess

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I have been thinking about the daylily and rose garden crazies that I certainly have and why this is so. There have been other things I tried but I never got the crazies for. I truely believe its because in the case of the daylilies and roses, for instance, sucess just creates its own addiction.

Start with afew daylilies and heck, they are not hard to grow. They soon bloom and WOW, these flowers are soooo pretty. If you stick around here, there are lots of pretty pictures of even more pretty flowers. Get afew more daylilies and come bloom season the garden really starts to pop while they really did not need much care most of the year. So what happens? Most of us are so pleased with how it all turned out that we go out and get even more daylilies.

I personally love the looks of Dahlias. The flower shapes and colors are just unbelievable. But I don't have the Dahlia crazies. I can't see how I ever could have the dahlia crazies. And why don't I have the dahlia crazies? Because I can not grow the darn things for beans!!! I tried so many times and nothing ever comes of my efforts. This year I didn't even buy any Dahlia tubers and didn't even try. Instead I found other flowers to get interested in. No sucess so no addiction. No sucess, no payoff for work and garden space used. No addiction.

I think daylilies are the perfect perrenial for a successful garden without an overabundace of fuss. They actually sell themselves so well when they bloom that its a wonder everyone with a garden is not addicted to them.

Comments (8)