SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ostrich0001

Still blooming in my yard - the last hurrah!

ostrich
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

As we are enjoying this unusually warm and lovely weather in Calgary, my yard is still going strong! But I am sure that this won't last.... LOL!

Here are a few of the things which are still blooming in my yard:

Little Lime - this little guy has big, lime-coloured blooms! Love it:

Morden Sunrise rose - this is a true survivor in my yard - after all the abuse by me constantly moving it (sorry!), I thought it was dead but it bounced back with lovely blooms and growth!

Campanula Blue Waterfall - I rescued this lovely perennial from the clearance section at CT and it's doing great!

Pinky Winky hydrangea is finally turning pink!

Bloomerang lilac is blooming again - lovely blooms and fragrance!

Lamium is blooming again, too:

Geranium Rozanne - this truly is the rock star of my garden - it has been constantly in bloom for months now, and it's getting huge!

Vanilla Strawberry hydrangea - I need to see how this one turns out, whether it's really different from the other paniculatas or not.... it has been a rather late bloomer and slow grower:

Tradescantia Blue and Gold - this is another survivor as I kept moving it! It seems to like its current position and is showing some good growth and is blooming again:

Purple cone flower - these guys just started blooming in September!!! My goodness, is it late or what? They are quite lovely and are worth the wait:

OK, so this is not quite a "bloom" but I am so excited to see my Norkent apples ripening on the tree!!! My first "fruit" from the yard!!! YAY!

Hopefully, the mild weather will continue and we will still have a few more weeks to enjoy these lovelies!

Comments (40)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio