SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dietzjm

Autumn photos of my young collection

dietzjm
13 years ago

Hi all,

I have been reading the forums for about a year now without actually being a member. I have learned so much from just reading, so thank you!

This is my second year collecting conifers. During the summers I work at a local garden center that orders from Iseli. I admit, it took my awhile but eventually I came to adore conifers. At this point I am obsessed. Over the past two years I have managed to collect 78 little specimens!

I took some pictures of my favorites today. Although its crummy out, I don't get home very often during the semester so I decided to go for it anyway. The camera is not the best, and coupled with the freezing rain the pictures aren't the greatest. Oh well, here we go:

Pinus sylvestris "Nisbet Aurea"- not impressed with the winter color so far:

Pinus strobus "Sea Urchin"

Picea orientalis "Skylands Iseli Seedling"- Little guy from my recent Porterhowse order:

Sciadopitys verticillata species

Picea pungens "Straw"

Picea orientalis "Tom Thumb"

Abies concolor "Blue Cloak"

Thuja occidentalis "Teddy" - I love the winter color!

Pinus strobus "Niagara Falls"

Pinus contorta "Chief Joseph" 1 of 2

Picea orientalis "Shadow's Broom"

Abies nordmanniana "Golden Spreader"- Here's hoping this comes out alive next spring!

Picea orientalis "Silver Seedling"

Picea abies "Vermont Gold"- severe needle burn and loss last winter followed by robust spring growth. Hopefully it fairs better this winter.

Abies alba "Green Spiral"

Tsuga canadensis "Gentsch White"

And last but not least Abies balsamea "Eugene Gold"

Thanks for looking!

Comments (5)