SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Suggestions? Showy ornamental

solstice98
15 years ago

OK Kids, put on your most creative thinking caps. I just cleared a small bed at the corner of my garage, right beside the driveway. It contained a failing brugmansia that I had for years; I was sad to see it go, but it was time. I'm considering putting a new one (or two) in it's place but I'm looking for alternate ideas. One of the problems with loving so many plants is that you can become overwhelmed with choices!

In the summer the spot gets filtered sun early in the day, then direct sun from mid morning through early afternoon, then shade from about 2pm on. During winter months it gets a bit more sun. It's a very visible spot because I have a corner lot so I want something with a high "Wow" factor. It should be something that looks nice all year long. I have enough trees & palms in this area so I think this should be a shrub or short tree. I plan to have bromeliads and simple annuals (probably impatiens or coleus) around the base.

So, what do you think? Another brug - maybe a variable colored one? Transplant the Thunbergia erectus (Kings Mantle) there and let it get big? Just do sunflowers there this spring?

The possibilities are endless....

Kate

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus