SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

What worked...what didn't ?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

This year I found that getting rid of the hybrid teas and replacing them with old-fashioned shrub roses and a few hybrid musks has been a good idea...at least, so far :)

I also added a lot more blueberries, butterfly bushes and other shrubs, which have done very well, been low maintenance and don't mind being watered with a sprinkler.

The cosmos I planted (once they quit getting hit by late freezes) have been amazing! Each one has turned into a big bouquet...of course, it might be all the horse manure. (LOL) Alyssum, salvia, the hidcote lavender and stock have all done very nicely, too.

What hasn't worked so well....hybrid teas, which is why I replaced them. The annual geraniums I bought are okay, but not great, so I probably won't get those next year. The impatiens and snapdragons are okay, but don't seem to like the heat we've had lately. The tomatoes are happy, but the squash and melons seem to be sulking. The herbs are getting overgrown with weeds, so I'm moving them to a better location.

What about your garden?

Comments (14)

Sponsored