SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thesteg

Secrest Arboretum - Wooster, Ohio

steg
14 years ago

After having regularly browsed this forum for a year, I decided to finally join and post. The conifer forum is certainly a great resource and I have truly appreciated learning from everyone's insights.

A few Sundays back I drove down to Secrest Arboretum in Wooster (I should have spent more time there instead of rushing home to watch the Browns get the crap kicked out of them). I'd never been there, but it was an awesome experience. I highly recommend checking it out if you're ever in the Cleveland area. I don't have a legit camera, so the pictures are of the infamous cell phone variety. The highlights are below, but here is the link to view all of them: http://picasaweb.google.com/stegmeier/SecrestArboretum92709#

Metasequoia Glyptostroboides - Dawn Redwood grove, planted 1953

Pinus strobus 'Pendula'

Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Argentea' - A beastly specimen. Imagine this badboy being planted too closely to your house!

Picea glauca 'Albertiana Conica' - Dwarf Alberta Spruce

Everyone's favorite dwarf conifer! I took this picture merely for the size of it. It was probably 15 feet tall. Flying solo, I didn't have anything to include in the picture for scale.

?Picea abies 'Virgata'? - The 'elusive' Rat Tail Spruce? I was amazed at how stately this specimen was. It's rocking an incredibly straight and narrow leader.

Some general scenery:

I'm hoping to head back out there again this autumn and will try to get some shots of the fall foliage, this time with a less budget camera.

-Steg

Comments (14)