SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezzuti9

What dou you think? --results

pezzuti9
15 years ago

Need input as to test I conducted while air layering two different varieties of fig trees started at the same time.

I posted the results of the first root ball on an earlier post but now I want you to see the results I obtained using the method described along with the photos below. I mean this root ball is heavy with roots.

Lou NE., PA

Using this needle that came from the inkjet ink printer filler kit I after two weeks into starting the air layering

Injected once a week into the bag containing the new root ball the item in the next photo.

I used this diluted down a bit and filled the needle two times and injected the root starter and water mix once a week through the plastic wrap on the root ball.

Here you can see the results after 5 weeks. This root ball is loaded with roots. A whole lot more than the other one I did just injecting plain water into the root ball at the same time. Do you think this might have influenced the results?

Or maybe two different type figs had something to do with it.

Here is a photo showing the results on the other root ball I posted earlier not showing that heavy of a root ball.

This will be on its way to my best friend living in Virginia tomorrow morning. Now I have it soaking in a bucket of fresh water. Tonight I'll package it up and early tomorrow morning it will be on its way.

Comments (11)