SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northspruce

Iris Order

northspruce
17 years ago

I got my Chapman's Iris order yesterday!! :0D So now I have to cart them all over to Mom's house to plant because I will be moving in the fall.

When I opened the box I thought they were unlabeled - I was shocked! But I flipped the fan over and they were written right on the fan with black marker. LOL. So they were sold out of one I ordered but they sent me two substitutions, plus two bonuses! Wow!

So what I got was:

Autumn Circus (TB)

Dusky Challenger (TB)

Hotdogs & Mustard (TB)

Cinnamon Girl (TB)

Caraboo (SDB)

Ajax the Less (TB)

Blueberry Ice (TB)

Sidestitch (TB)

Garden Bride (TB)

Summoned Spirit (SDB)

Anyone else get theirs too?

Comments (110)

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Oh I forgot what Shelley is ordering too, I think she's got the Iris bug too!

• northspruce
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL Sharon, yeah Pacifier occurred to me as funny too. And it's baby pastel colours. Hmmm am I having a baby or something? I hope so because if I'm not, there's an alien pokin at me. ;0)

Funny thing is, I never consider myself a real huge iris lover, but I like them because they're affordable and easy to grow. If peonies and roses were $4.50 each, heck now I would have every one they ever made!

• Related Discussions

US Iris orders

Q

Comments (2)
    I have many times but go in with group orders that way you can divide the shipping and inspection fee. This last bout in the spring three of us gals went in together. Just one word of advice do not use UPS, we got dinged big time for extra charges! Snowpeak Ensata Sharon
    ...See More

Bearded Iris ordered

Q

Comments (19)
    Rita, Yes, we do both do order freely, don't we? I never seem to have a problem of having ordered enough, I just have to extend planting space. Yesterday I started preparing the wide bed for this years iris. I had to shovel prune a few things, including a large clump of rosemary. I have another large clump in the herb garden, so that wasn't a problem. More work to do, though. My second iris order Amity Estate Aristocracy Bye Bye Love Cajun Rhythm Chasing Rainbows City Lights Decadence Dream Express Fit for a King Hello Darkness Last Laugh Magical Glow Megabucks Mariposa Skies Native Tale Passion and Purity Ransom Note Winter Waltz* Tumalo Sunset* Evening Tidings* Spot Starter* The last four are bonus iris. kay
    ...See More

Iris order recieved

Q

Comments (7)
    Well shucks...my Blue J iris order hasn't arrived yet...hopefully soon. I have so many coming that I should be hoping the different sellers do ship my orders at different times so I don't feel totally overwhelmed. Thank goodness I have a daughter who will help me get them planted and she works fast. Nanaof3
    ...See More

Just got my Blue J Iris order and would you plant here?

Q

Comments (3)
    I think I would plant something that climps up that shrub .If it takes over the shrub then mayby they will let you cut it down. The iris won,t get tall enough to cover it. I would plant them to either side instead. If you offered to replace the shrub with another just like it would they go for that?
    ...See More
  • Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

That iris bug has sure travelled to the far north hasn't it?!LOL The iris thread in the gallery is sure going to be long for next year.......won't it be great?!

I don't think I'll be ordering directly from Chapman's this year. I'll wait and see what the CWIS has to offer first. I've already picked up a few this year, so the madness has already begun.;^)

From Elenore, I got:
    Pippi Longstocking
    Pumping Iron
    Sparky
    Flea Circus
    Chimera
    Blueberry Tart

From Brenda I've gotten:
    Incendiary
    Tantara
    Bold Imp
    Prince of Burgundy
    Eye Bright
    Jillaroo
    Ottawa (Siberian)
    Lavender Queen (Siberian)

From ensata:
    TB Sly Fox
    Siberians;
    Double Stardards
    Band of Angels
    China Spring
    Coronation Anthem
    Jewelled Crown
    Plum Frolic
    Riverdance
    Shebang
    Sultan's Ruby

I figure if I get a few from the CWIS sale, then I'm done for the year........I want to start seeing some of them bloom in clumps for next year....I can hardly wait!:0)

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Guess it is my turn...

On May 23 in this thread I listed the siberians I got from the Ensata order. At least 2 have not made it. Tumblebug was dead when I received it and China Spring just kept turning brown. The others have not been totally lost but almost. I am hoping that they will be able to make it through their first year and then we should be fine. Next time I think, I would order directly from Ensata.

From Eleanor Hutchison, last Monday on a visit to her yard near St. Anne's, I got free irises (I traded some of mine for some of hers)...

flight director
    snow tree
    pippi longstocking
    sleepytime
    sparky
    ditto
    forever violet
    lumanite
    chimera
    flea circus
    blueberry tart
    cherry web
    ice etchings?

the ones I bought from her...
    cee jay
    sea urchin
    grapelet
    lemon on ice
    eramosa miss
    pumping iron

I purchased Dance Ballarina Dance Siberian Iris from Patmore Nursery Sales last week along with 2 lilacs and other perennials.

From Laurie this spring...
    Azure Skies TB iris
    other perennials including 4 daylilies that she started from seed from her garden that I got from her.

I will be trading/purchasing more irises, daylilies and other perennials in July from friends and also purchasing from the CWIS iris sale.

I still have the irises and a few daylilies that I overwintered to plant out plus a few other spring purchases...
    -40ish daylilies
    -18 hostas
    -8 roses
    -8 peonies
    -12 sedums and hens and chicks
    -3 pulmonaria
    -4 veronica
    -3 cranesbill
    -4 poppies
    -3 phlox
    -2 coralbells
    -2 masterworts
    -30ish lilies

Now to get over this bout of pneumonia and then when I try to plant all these perennials into the garden I won't be huffing and puffing and then coughing the whole time. It is amazing how much energy it takes right now to do anything. Just to walk downstairs to the pantry and back up to the kitchen on the main floor I feel like I have just walked a mile. Oh, well, I am on my third batch of medicine and hopefully this time it works.

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

I do have the iris bug. Dang it anyways all of you enablers.
    I too ordered more than $150 for the same reason as Sharon.
    I would have liked to order mostly TB from Chapmans because of the larger flowers, but I am waiting to see how the ones that I planted in the spring fair over winter. And since some of you rave about the smaller ones, I decided that this was maybe my best bet.
    My order:
    MDB-
    Forever Violet
    SDB_
    Absolute Joy
    Being Busy
    Blueberry Tart
    Cherry Tart
    Crystal Carpet
    Dark Rings
    Exotic Candy
    Folk Art
    Forever Blue
    Frentic
    Grape Invader
    Headwaters
    Merry Dance
    Mystic Smile
    Persian Carpet
    Pink Frosting
    Raspberry Jam
    Ruby Eruption
    Summer Recall
    Wizard of Hope
    IB-
    Dusty Rhodes
    Flying Circus
    Whistle

Plus my freebies SDB's
    Heathers Carpet
    Klingon Princess
    Summoned Spirit
    Ruby Passion

A couple that I really wanted were gone before I placed my order, but I see some of you have them. Future Trades????
    SDB Pippi Longstockings
    IB Prince of Burgundy.

Now after looking, I see that I ordered very little blue. I love that color on irises.

Shelley

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

So, now that everyone sees what everyone else has...do we all make future trade wish lists with everyone else? I want this this year... that next year... and that the year following.....

Prince of Burgundy is large enough for a piece for you, Shelley, if you wish for trading sometime. I think that is one of my favorite irises. You should have seen it after the rain early this morning!

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Have you seen the tall bearded Iris at the homepage of the CIS?
    Superstition Gardens (seedling # 01-tb-61-03).

It's Gorgeous!

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: seedling # 01-tb-61-03

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

That one is stunning Sharon! I love irises with rich colours like that.

• northspruce
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got my Chapman's order today. I'm tired and grumpy and probably should wait until tomorrow to see if I'm still pissed off, but of 10 irises I ordered, 3 weren't available, and they used 2 of my substitution list and sent me a bunch of other stuff that I'm not too keen on. Like if they send me 4 freebies I won't notice that I didn't get what I want. I was so happy with Chapmans last year, this is a little disgruntling.

Grrrrrr

• sierra_z2b
    16 years ago

Ummm Gil, I hope you are feeling better this morning. Chapman asks on both the website and in his catalogue that you provide a substitute list, in case he can't provide what you order. Sometimes he can't provide a certain iris because of high demand or because it was a bad year for that particular iris. He also says that if you provide a substitute list, that he will send extras with your order. It sounds like he did exactly what he said he would do. I know it can be disappointing when you don't get your first choices....but you could always trade the ones you don't like..with someone who has ones you do like. Just a thought. Oh btw I could send you some purple and whites. LOL! Hope you are smiling now!

Sierra

• northspruce
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah I feel better this morning - but maybe I wasn't clear. I did provide a substitution list, and they sent me different substitutions. Maybe my substitutions weren't available either.

Anyway, I went and planted them all this morning and I'm watering them in. Hopefully the ones I didn't pick will surprise me. It's happened before ;0)

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Gillian,

Which irises did you not get that you ordered, and what were the substitutions you did receive?

I am waiting for my order from Snowpeak Irises to come in. Somehow it got caught in customs for a few weeks. Hopefully the poor little rhizomes will be okay when I finally do get them.

Brenda

• northspruce
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I didn't get:
    Chocolate Swirl
    Pacifier
    Artists Palette
    Spanish Angel

I did get:
    Bantam Prince
    Leprechaun's Purse
    Eramosa Blushing Bride

Long story short, I ordered $55.50, they sent $90 value, of which $53.50 was either what I ordered or requested as subs. Eramosa B.B. is a $27.50 iris but I didn't order it.

I'm feeling, like usual, like a real bad whiner for not getting what I ordered. I guess in future I will ask for a refund instead of substitutions.

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Gil, that's too bad about your order this year, especially the Pacifier one. I hoping my order comes in tomorrow (tuesday).
    ERAMOSA BLUSHING BRIDE is so pretty, but I only see it at $17.50?

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Today my Chapman order came. Six of them were no longer available so I received a refund. But he did send me a couple more freebies-Bantam Prince and Widows Veil. Now just I am waiting on the Snowpeak and CWIS sale iries to come.

Shelley

• northspruce
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We must have made Chapmans too popular! LOL. Sharon, that's funny I checked my print catalogue and it says Eramosa Blushing Bride is $17.50. But the online catalogue says $27.50.

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

I think so Gil, maybe we should keep it a secret ;)

My order came today and all planted up, 9 were out of stock, darn it anyway! But I'm happy and very pleased with all the subs and bonuses I received, particulary ERAMOSA FRECKLES, a $20 MTB Iris!

SDB
    AGELESS
    CHERRY TART (replacement from last year)
    CO-ED FLIRT
    DRAGONÂS DEN
    ECHOES (they sent 2, I think one of them should of been GINGERBREAD MAN)
    EXOTIC CANDY
    FIRESTORM
    FLAMING EMBERS
    GRAPE INVADER
    HOTTENTOT
    JADE WIZARD
    JUICED UP
    PIPPI LONGSTOCKINGS
    SKY DANCER
    SPIRIT GUIDE

BB
    QUINALT

BONUS GIFTS
    For orders received before July 15th choose one plant from list A.
    $150-$300 choose ONE from B & TWO from list A.
    A) HEATHERÂS CARPET SDB
    A) GARDEN BRIDE TB
    A) QUEEN DORTHY TB
    B) RUBY PASSION SDB

Extra Bonus/ Substitutions
    BACCI SDB
    BANTAM PRINCE SDB
    BARNEYÂS DELIGHT SDB
    BONUS BABY SDB
    ERAMOSA FRECKLES MTB
    JUNGLE GEM SDB
    MYSTIC SMILE SDB
    NORTHERN EXPOSURE SDB
    PARADIGM SHIFT SDB
    RUBY ERUPTION SDB
    SABRINAÂS SONG SDB
    SKYRAY SDB
    WAR CHIEF TB
    WIDOWÂS VEIL SDB
    WIZARD OF HOPE SDB

Now I'm just waiting for the CWIS Irises to come in too ;)

Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

That should read SABRINAÂS KISS, not SONG.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

That's quite the list Sharon. You are going to have a real rainbow of colours next spring with all of those!

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Today I received my order from the CWIS sale. 2 were missing from my order and substituted with 2 others. All are planted except for Storm Song which was really quite rotten. I scraped more than half the rhizome away, soaked it in bleach water and it is now drying. I probably will pot this one up because I do not think it will take the stress of planting straight into the ground. I'm thinking that it possibly came from Snowpeaks??? I hope the Snowpeaks order comes to me in descent shape.

I got:
    MDB-
    French Wine
    Grandma's Hat

SDB-
    Caraboo
    Casper's Shadows
    Cool Melodrama
    Dinky Doodle
    Gimmick
    Hoodlum
    Ice and Indigo
    Incendiary
    Quark
    Pixie Princess

IB-
    Hot Wheels
    Storm Song

MTB=
    Rosemary's Dream

TB
    Innocent Star

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

You guys still haven't recieved your SP order, wow, that's a long wait.

Dang, I worked late that evening the CWIS sale went up, you must of ordered before me Shelley, because there were a few that I wanted on your list but were sold out already right at the beginning.

With the ones that I did order, 4 were sold out and was refunded for, one is kind of rotted, so I gave it a bleach dip and a few rhizomes were very tiny, I planted them in the ground anyways, hopefully they will make the winter ;)

CWIS
    MDB
    EXTRA
    GIZMO
    GRANDMAÂS HAT

SDB
    BLACK SUEDE
    BLOODSTONE (sold out)
    BLUEBERRY TART
    CARABOO
    COOL MELODRAMA
    ICE AND INDIGO
    INCENDIARY (sold out)
    JEWEL BABY
    KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS (sold out)
    OOH LA LA
    QUARK
    ROYAL OVERTIME (Bonus)
    SHELDON BUTTS
    SPICE IS NICE
    STATIC
    WIDOWÂS VEIL

IB
    BLESSED AGAIN

MTB
    PREFERENCE
    ROSEMARYÂS DREAM (sold out)

TB
    DAUGHTER OF STARS

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Sharon as long as mine make the winter and thrive, I'll be able to give you some of the ones you wanted.
    I too has some really small rhizomes. Chapmans was no different for me though. There were small ones in that order too.

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Well, I guess I'd better post my big long list from the CWIS sale too.

SDB Quark
    MTB Merit

Short and sweet.;^)

• northspruce
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Laurie, you don't have room for all those. Send some to me. ;0) LOL

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

LOL! (I may take you up on that some day.....beware!;^))

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Ahh thanks Shelley, I'd appreciate that!

Laurie, I hope you didn't break a sweat planting all those Irises!

Sharon

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    16 years ago

Heck, i can beat Laurie. Here's my order:

:>

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Marcia, yup, no sore backs for us, eh?!lol

16 years ago

Right, Laurie! I'm not ordering any more irises until i've figured out how to get the ones i have to bloom.

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Marcia, buy SDB's then, they usually bloom the year after, sometimes two years if the rhizomes are small.

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Marcia, what kinds of irises do you have??

I feel with you Sharon. The evening the CWIS sale went 'up' I was at a family gathering. I didn't even mention to anyone that inside I was anxious to be home that evening instead of visiting. Non-gardeners wouldn't understand. So, at 10pm when I got home, here's mine from the CWIS sale that I was able to get...

MDB
    Gizmo

SDB
    Blue Denim (bonus)
    Blue Line
    Caraboo
    Casper's Shadow
    Hoodlum
    Ice and Indigo
    Lady in Red
    Quark
    Widow's Veil

MTB
    Preference

TB
    Clarence

Also, from a friend this week I got...
    SDB Confused
    SDB Stinger
    SDB Dainty Pinafore
    SDB Starbaby

And, I did a large trade about 6 weeks ago and got...

MDB
    Alpine Lake
    Cupcake
    Elfin Magic
    Extra
    Funny Face
    Regards
    Toyland

SDB
    Comma
    Denali
    Dragon's Den
    Ghost Gossip
    James Bond
    Jungle Warrior
    Mini Big Horn
    Petite Polka
    Pink Blink
    Pixie Princess
    Rapscallion
    Razzle-dazzle
    Sky Dancer
    Totally Cool
    Tumbleweeds
    What Again

BB
    Cranapple
    Miss Nellie

IB
    Arctic Fancy
    Chatterbox
    Double Your Fun
    Maui Moonlight
    Samtpfoetchen

MTB
    Bangles
    Rick
    Rosemary's Dream

TB
    Before the Storm
    Cranberry Ice
    Honky Tonk Blues
    Loop de Loop
    Vitafire

Siberian
    Teal Velvet

All of the irises from the large trade are potted up. The CWIS irises and other 4 irises I am just planting right into the landscaping. All the purchases from this year are along the edge of the garden awaiting their permanent spots. Now that the weather is in the low 20's for a high during the day, I am planting the new perennials into the flowerbeds. I did about 20 perennials last night and am going to concentrate on doing as many as possible each day now until they are all in.

I am still waiting for the Snowpeak order...will post when I receive them. And I am also getting some daylilies and hostas from a friend (but since this is a iris thread....)

Brenda

16 years ago

Brenda, i have some bearded irises and some Siberians. This year i got a Siberian collection from somewhere - Vesey's possibly. Yes, just checked. I also have the usual Rhein Nixe. I divided these last fall - what a job! - and only a few of them bloomed this year, but i think they'll do okay next year. It's the bearded irises that haven't been blooming. None of the new Siberians bloomed this year, but a mix i planted a couple of years ago (turned out to be an all-blue mix!) has been blooming. As i've mentioned somewhere else, this summer, only 'Immortality' bloomed out of the - mentally counts - eight bearded ones. Once i figure them out, i'll add to my collection. :)

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Marcia, bearded Irises come in different sizes, try some Standard Dwarf Bearded irises, smaller than the tall bearded but just as pretty in the garden.

These Iris grow 8-15" tall. They quickly form clumps and have many colours not often seen in other types. They do well in borders and rock gardens, tolerate shade better and are much more hardier than the TB's.

Check out Chucks website for the different sizes of bearded irises and also check out all the SDB's he has to offer.

Well at least you got HOOLUM Brenda, I like that one!
    Wow, thats quite the trade, nice ones too!

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: RELATIVE SIZES OF THE BEARDED IRIS FAMILY

16 years ago

I have two shorter ones, Little Annie. They didn't bloom either, but then, they also got lost in some other plants. I need to get out there and change some things around. Maybe next summer, i'll make a bed for irises around my new crabapple tree. Hmmmmm...... :)

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Well, I have bleached, cleaned and planted my Snowpeak Irises...

IB American Patriot
    IB Attitude
    BB Ballycastle
    BB Baboon Bottom
    SDB Ballistic
    SDB Cat's Eye
    SDB Clash
    BB Color My World
    MDB Derby Boy
    IB Eye Wonder
    IB Eye of Newt
    SDB Fingertips
    IB Flying Circus
    IB Hot Cupid
    IB Lunar Frost
    MTB Maslon
    IB Ming
    SDB Posing
    SDB Puddy Tat
    SDB Serendipity Elf
    IB Star Woman
    SDB Time to Shine
    SDB Tickety Boo
    SDB Whydidi
    SDB Wildcat PJ's
    SDB Zarosshi Prud

Some of the ones we ordered as a group sat so long at the Customs that they are unidentifiable ... so one of the girls is 'babysitting' them in the trauma ward (a protected special spot in her yard)... these are the ones she has, yet 'missing in action'...
    IB Miss Mauve
    IB Mystic Potion
    SDB Spice Sister
    IB Storm Song
    SDB Terse Verse
    SDB Trajectory
    BB Twilight Passage

If anyone wants to see what the irises look like, go to...

http://www.snowpeakiris.com/iris2000/navpage.htm

Since I have a lot of SDB's I tried to steer myself towards IBs, BBs, MTBs and so that is why you will find that half of the order of the Snowpeak Irises is such. Of course, there are SDBs in there, 'cause when I saw what they looked like I just had to have them also.

I love the irises with many colors in them but did order some solid colored ones to be planted next to the multicolored ones. That way the multicolored ones will stand out more.

What I did with all the Snowpeak irises, when I planted them, was to draw a line across horizontally on the iris foliage with a thin permanent marker. This way, as they grow, the lines will spread apart or be at different levels. I have noticed that the majority of them have lines that are moving already. They are planted up in individual pots, in the greenhouse, where it is warmer than outside. I did this line system also for the CWIS irises, but they are all planted up outside. If there is no movement of the lines shortly, they will be coming in for the winter.

With all the irises we each at the Far North now have, we should do our own 'in house' swap in a few years. What do you all think??

Brenda

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Brenda, I don't think I'll do anymore mail order shopping.........I'll just do all my shopping at your place from now on!lol

Well, all I got from Snowpeak was:

SDB Buster
    SDB Flower Child
    IB Eye Wonder
    IB Zing Me

And thankfully, due to Brenda, they also got bleached, cleaned and potted up because I was away when they came in.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, because some people may question my sanity, but I'm trying to do the alphabet with irises, and I still need to get ones that start with U,V,X, and Y. Anybody got any starting with these letters that you could trade with me for in the future?

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

The other day I received my order from Snowpeaks as well.
    I labeled them, then soaked them for a few hours. Cleaned them and then gave them a bleach bath. Let them dry and then I planted mine in pots to keep in the house for the winter.

I ordered:
    TB Act of Kindness
    SDB Alenes Other Love
    IB Attitude
    BB Baboom Bottom
    IB Barrel House Blues
    IB Blast
    SDB City Neon
    SDB Clever Touch
    SDB Clockwork
    BB Colour My World
    SDB Coney Island
    BB Delightful Kid
    SDB Fingertips
    SDB Flower Child
    BB Go for Bold
    SDB Goosebumps
    SDB Jive
    MTB Maslon
    SDB Mikey Likes It
    SDB Orionico Flow
    SDB Serendipity Elf
    IB Star Woman
    SDB Wild Cat PJ's

Missing in action and being babysat for me are:
    IB Mystic Potion
    SDB Party Animal
    SDB Pele
    IB Pink Pele
    SDB Puddy Tat
    BB Raspberry Silk
    SDB Ruby Eruption
    IB Saucy
    IB Storm Song

Plus one of my freebies rhizomes was totally rotted. No saving that one.

At least one of us got Puddy Tat Brenda. That was the only one that I was really upset that I didn't get.
    I'm going to have to try your trick with the marker today. Especially on the ones outside. Nothing seems to be growing outside. But I think that is due to the really cool weather that we are having here.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Glad to hear you gals got your SP orders in FINALLY. I did two SP orders this year via Ginny. One last July, came in within a week, nice healthy rhizomes and they have settled in just perfectly. The other order was just ordered a week ago via Co-op/ Ginny.

The second order of Irises will not be here till the middle of September. I'm going to plant the mediums as soon as I get them in, a little deeper and mulch with dry loose straw at freeze-up time (Halloween). Once spring time comes next year, I will brush back some soil and take the straw off. Hopefully we have a long warm fall for these to settle in. The 3 TB's will be potted up and brought in the house for the winter.

SNOWPEAKS NLRIS planted in July
    SDB
    BALLISTIC
    CAR HOP
    CLASH
    EYE OF NEWT
    FANCY SPARKLER
    FINGERTIPS
    JILLAROO
    JIVE
    JUNGLE WARRIOR
    PRIMAL SCREAM
    PUDDY TAT
    RUBY TUESDAY
    SPARKS FLY
    TERSE VERSE
    TIME TO SHINE
    WEE STROLL

BB
    BABOON BOTTOM
    BOISTEROUS
    CASCADING RAINBOW

IB
    ATTITUDE
    EYE WONDER
    TB
    CARNIVAL IN RIO
    CAVALIERÂS CAPE
    DARK PASSION
    FANCY WOMAN
    IMMORTALITY
    ZIGGY
    extras....
    HOT CUPID IB
    MAGIC CHILD IB
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY TB (will be sent next year)
    JERSEY CREAM IB (will be sent next year)

SNOWPEAK CO-OP $2.25 sale
    SDB
    BEEÂS KNEES
    BOURGEOIS
    CHERRY CURLS
    COOL MAID
    ELEPHANT FOOTPRINTS
    ESCAPE HATCH
    FAST FORWARD
    GENTS IN TUCKS
    LITTLE FIRECRACKER
    LORE
    PARTY ANIMAL
    PASSPORT TO PIMLICO
    PAUSE
    PELE
    PINK FROSTING
    SNUGGLEBUG
    WHYDIDI
    WILDCAT PJÂS
    YIPPY SKIPPY

IB
    DOMAINE
    IN A FLASH
    LAPWING
    PERSIAN WOOD
    RUBY SLIPPERS
    SAUCY
    SPLAT
    STARWOMAN
    THIS AND THAT

BB
    TWILIGHT PASSAGE

MTB
    BUTTERFLY DANCE
    MASLON
    PERSIAN LANTERN
    PRETTY QUIRKY

TB
    RAKU BLAZE
    TIGER SHARK
    JUNGLE PRINCESS

For sure Brenda, we'll have to have our own FN swap!

Laurie, LOLOh yes, I'm waiting for another order from Chapman Iris (Beardless Order), hopefully this will be in soon too.
    Siberian
    CAESARÂS BROTHER
    LADY VANESSA
    RIVERDANCE
    ROARING JELLY
    ROSY BOWS
    TUMBLE BUG
    WINDWOOD SPRING

Spuria
    ARBITRATOR
    KAIBAB TRAILS

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Shelley, I agree, at least one of us got Puddy Tat. Hopefully mine will make it through the winter and if yours doesn't make it at El's, at least in the future both of us can have it.

I also, already have Pele, Ruby Eruption and Party Animal. So, if yours doesn't make it in the Trama Ward....

Also, Alene's Other Love is in my garden, I got it a few years ago.

My Serendipity Elf is just a rhizome with no fan. Think it will be growing in the house this winter. My Cat's Eye and Ming are the same.

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

I have 2 irises Brenda without any fans. And a couple with barely any.
    Can't say the names, they are upstairs and I do not feel like running up there now.

Shelley

16 years ago

Sharon, you bought an iris named "Baboon Bottom"?? Was whoever named that one watching the Africam? LOL I shudder to think what it looks like, having viewed a few baboon bottoms on the cam! :>

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

LOL, you still watching that Africam! I ordered it because of the broken colours.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/118009/

Here is a link that might be useful:

16 years ago

Well, baboons have, uh, cute bottoms, but that iris is downright pretty! I guess one of these years i'll have to start an African themed area in one of my beds. This year i had a couple of African daisies and the lily African Queen, which died on me. :( Hmmm, elephant ears could go there, and isn't there a lily called Giraffe? LOL Another thing to plan!

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Well let me know if you want any Dandi-lion seeds Marcia, got lots of those if you want for you African garden ;)

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

I have to say that the Snowpeaks irises really want to live after being out of the ground for how long ?????.
    I think that I might put some in the garden yet.
    All of the SDB ones are ahead in growth and rooting compared to the ones from Chapmans, the CWIS sale and other trades. Wow. But these others were put into the ground.

BTW I've checked out Snowpeaks pictures to what you other girls have ordered. You all have some really nice selections.

Shelley

• snowguy716
    16 years ago

I am lucky to have Iris (Versicolor) growing rampantly and wild all over near our cabin. Unfortunately, in one small grove of them (about 4 plants), some ground hornets decided to make themselves at home, so I have to enjoy them from a distance.

Also, they tend to bloom at varying times with some blooming in early June, and some not blooming until early July. They are truly one of my favorite flowers, and provide a nice green background for other flowers once they're done.

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Got my beardless Iris order in from Chuck yesterday and all planted today, turns out only 4 were in stock of what I ordered. Oh well, I got lots of nice subs and bonuses in return.

Siberian
    BANISH MISFORTUNE
    CAESARÂS BROTHER
    GATINEAU
    HELICOPTER
    ILLINI GLORY
    PERCHERON
    RIVERDANCE
    SARAH TIFFNEY
    SHIPS ARE SAILING

Spuria
    ARBITRATOR
    ELEANOR HILL
    EAGLE
    KAIBAB TRAILS
    NEW ZEALAND

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Very nice order Sharon. Were they all a fair size?

Ok, I know that it's a bit late to be planting bearded iris outside in my zone now, but is it still alright to be planting beardless iris now? I'm assuming that they came bareroot to you right?

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

I'm taking a chance Laurie, Chuck sends them bareroot with about 6" of the fan. Yes, they were all decent sizes, good healthy long roots.

They have been mulched good with straw around the plant right now, at freeze up time, I will cover the crowns good with straw.

Yeah, I'm also taking a chance of planting some medium beards in the garden probably tomorrow, my SP co-op order should be in by then. Tb's I will overwinter indoors.

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Oh, I was thinking that maybe the siberians were hardier and therefore could be planted out later. But good luck with them. Maybe we'll have a nice long fall for them to settle in well. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

The one spuria that I put in this year, was looking very brown and dried up by August. But now I think there's a tiny new shoot popping up, so maybe there's hope yet. I guess I'll know for sure by spring.