SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Do you cut Bouquets?

Do you guys like to cut flowers from the garden to make Bouquets? If so, what are some of your favorite things to use?

I have to say that I hardly ever cut a full arrangement of flowers, unless there is a special occasion (lol, which there never is). I always prefer to leave the flowers on the plant anyway; I would rather see it in the garden for a long time than a short time on my tabletop. I will bring in anything that has toppled (rain etc.).

One thing I do like to do to cut one flower stem and bring it so I can study it upclose or just admire it. I have a collection of small glass jars that work well to hold individual flowers. The jars range in all shapes and sizes, but I think the most interesting ones are the Tabasco sauce and a little crystal S&P shaker. The Tabasco works well to hold flowers with lean stems, like Trollius or a Tulip. The S&P is very small, and works perfectly for Violets or other tiny flowers. It is fun to have a whole collection of jars with individual cuttings on the table.

Another thing I like to do is float flower heads in a brandy snifter filled part way with water. You can also put a floating candle in there.

{{gwi:722691}}

So do you guys like to cut Bouquets? Do you cut full arrangements or like to bring in just a few specimines?

CMK

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County