SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
genecolin

This mornings harvest and other ramblings.

genecolin
13 years ago

I got up early to beat the birds, although there aren't as many now, .177 seems to be working. I picked a gallon from my Celeste and had a feast on them. They go great after a couple of cups of coffee and before breakfast. Here is a picture of what was left after I had my fun. Actually, I had taken pictures before I ate any but while looking for them to post, the pictures were not on my card.

I also got a treat from some purple grapes also. These used to be grown by my Dad years ago. I had started myself a vine and planted it down the bayou where it got neglected when we move out. 3 years ago, I came upon a small vine with grape like leaves growing in the grass near where the vine had been growing. Taking a chance that it might be the same one and not a wild grape, I air layered a portion of it. I cut it off the mother in the fall and planted it where Dad had his originally. Now it's bearing beautifully and bountifully, happy to be back home.

I also have some green ones that are just getting ripe. Another week and I be swimming in grapes.

Grapes are good, but figs are GREAT.

"gene"

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!