SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deannatoby

Do you arrange flowers well? I need vase help!

I have one vase that I got for my wedding and I have NEVER EVER been able to use it. I just can't figure out how to arrange flowers in it and they always look ridiculous. It is the vase below on the left with the very large slanted opening. The flowers at the bottom of the slant always fall way over like they've partied too hard and it's closing time at the pub. It always looks ridiculous! The vase on the right I have better luck with, but I still need some tips. It is a trumpet/cone shape with a narrower bottom than top, but the problem for me is its short height combined with the unusual cutouts at the top opening. It is not a circular vase, but is created in a kind of "flattened" shape. Those cutouts are hard for me to work around, and I'm not sure I'm handling the flattened shape correctly. I've done internet searches and learned a little bit, but the direct help I need isn't available, especially for the left vase.

Just in case this info helps, the flowers I cut are almost always daisy types: daisies, black-eyed susans, ziinnias (if they'll grow up here for me), etc. I also cut peonies. I don't grow tulips because of the cost of the bulbs, and I'm learning about what other flowers can be cut well. The above daisy types are easy because the plants area always so profuse I can cut and still be left with generous blooms on the plant. I will have a cutting garden soon, so please feel free to make flower suggestions for my cutting garden.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments (15)

Sponsored