SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krazy_canuck

Veggie Garden Pics July 16th

Krazy_Canuck
18 years ago

Warning MUCHO pictures.

I hope that everyone's gardens are doing well.......I've been busy working away on a musical project this past week or so and finally stopped neglecting my garden long enough to snap a few photos. Now I guess i better weed a bit :-) Been a ton of heat and humidity, and its been fantastic for the plants. Im hoping that everyone has had at least some nice weather and that everything is flourishing at your place :-)

I've been invaded by Earwigs....put down some baits yesterday and I sure hope they work. I thought about duct taping a pair of claws to my a** and laying in the garden; sort of a ruse to attract them so i could kill them all personally when they gravitated to my stunning arthropodic charm, but then I figured they would pose sort of a hazard whilst dancing. SHAKE THAT THANGGGG whoops sorry about yer new jeans madam.

Hoping to get back to work with Ag Can again soon, but things are looking like....not so much :-) Ah well, sort of enjoying the lazy bum summer.

Hope you enjoy the photos!!

My Buttercup winter squash are doing great....trained them up the gazebo. I had to flee the gazebo yesterday. Wrapped their tendrils right around me (note to self, another reason not to duct tape claws to a**, all the more to grab onto)

{{gwi:759825}}
{{gwi:759829}}
{{gwi:759833}}
{{gwi:759836}}

Pumpkins are healthy as a horse, and I cant believe how fast they grew....Jack'o'Lantern Variety.

{{gwi:759840}}
Day old pollinated baby punkin, love to watch em grow.

{{gwi:759842}}

"Patio" var tomato, like how fast they grow and they seem to do well wherever. I completely neglect it and it does fine.

{{gwi:759845}}
{{gwi:759849}}

"Tumbler" toms......not bad at all for flavour, and they feed a persons addiction while the big ones grow. Note there are no ripe ones left...mmm eat em like smarties while in the backyard.

{{gwi:759850}}

Some "Beefsteaks" coming along nicely:

{{gwi:759855}}
{{gwi:759860}}

Seriously need to do some weeding, but the onions have done great.

{{gwi:759864}}

Have had 5 nice summer squash off the early prolific straightneck.....I always really liked the look of its plant habit, a really nice light green, and such a nice "bush" look to it.

{{gwi:759869}}

Did a nice italian zucchini this year in a pot, and its been delicious. Very nice look to the zukes as well.

{{gwi:759873}}
{{gwi:759877}}

Early Girl has decided to be fashionably late.

{{gwi:759878}}

Nice double blossom on a "Big Beef" tom.

{{gwi:759882}}

Solitary eggplant, var. "Millionaire" forming.....almost trashed this plant, sat there looking forlorn and dead, until the heat wave hit and then took off like a saturn rocket.

{{gwi:759885}}

Hope you are all enjoying your summer, and lets hope for a beautiful fall.

Cheers,

Billy

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!