SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Well, look what the cat dragged in!

Annie
13 years ago

Earlier today as I walked into the kitchen, I saw something zip across my kitchen floor. I thought it was a field rat of some kind. I just saw it out of the corner of my eye so didn't get a good look, just some small moving quickly and dashing under the kitchen table out of sight.

When I approached it, I saw immediately that it wasn't a rat at all, but a large leopard frog!

I picked it up and took it to the sink to rinse it off. It was tangled in dog hair, poor things. I grabbed my camera and took Mr. Frog outside to find a suitable place to release him. The Tiger Lily bed seemed to be just the place for him and I set him free.

I watched him for several minutes, but he did not move a muscle. I watched and waited and still he sat there frozen.

So I left him to it and went about my own business of moving the sprinkler to a new location. One of my black cats, Mr. Binx, came along with me and within seconds, found another frog to chase through the daylilies. When I returned to the release site, Mr. Binx followed playfully along, singing and walking happily between my feet, rubbing one leg then the other with each step I took. Thankfully Mr. Frog was gone from sight.

You see, it was Mr. Binx who caught it and brought it into the house as a gift for The Mom. He brings me all sorts of lovelies from the garden. He chases them through my flowers all day long, but never kills them, at least that I have seen.

Thanks for the party Mr. Binx, and for the best adventure of the day.

~Annie

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus