SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Stamile blooms steal the show today! (photos)

shive
13 years ago

There was a lot more blooming this morning than I had anticipated, but my husband and I just kept coming back to a bed I made last year that is dominated by Stamile daylilies. My husband just shook his head and said, "Why are these so much bigger and better than any of your others?" My answer: Patrick Stamile's a hybridizing genius. I sure hope he will continue to hybridize, even though he has left Floyd Cove. Just take a look at these:

WALKING IN BEAUTY ffo

BELLA SERA ffo

ARCTIC LACE

BORN TO RUN ffo (I was pleased with the opening because thrips have been after these buds for a week.)

ZEPHYR'S SONG ffo (This thing was enormous, nearly 8 inches across. And the edge really had a green tint to it.)

{{gwi:673277}}

CRIMSON EDGINGS ffo

Sure there were other flowers today, but they just didn't compare to the Stamile group.

CRAZY IVAN ffo (This bloom was on a 4-inch scape. CR--A--ZY! The other scapes are tall and not ready to bloom yet.)

GRANDMA'S SMILE duo

QUEEN OF NARNIA is improving with each bloom. But it's not the caliber of an ARCTIC LACE or LAST SNOWFLAKE.

JAMAICAN LOVE clump

UNINHIBITED ffo

I'll post another thread with unusual forms and narrow petaled blooms later today.

Debra

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus