SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thyme2dig2

Bon Jour Rose Lovers! (very photo heavy)

Hi All! I was recently in Paris and thought of many of you throughout the week. Cameron, thank you for all your tips in advance!

The roses were just spectacular. Here is a sample of what we saw. Please pardon the overcast skies and slightly dark pictures. We only had one day of sun, but it didn't matter! It was all so beautiful.

I had no idea "The Thinker" would be surrounded by such beauty!

A couple other pictures from the Musee Rodin. The rose borders were really spectacular and I was surprised how they had all different varieties and colors mixed in together.

We happened upon a beautiful garden along the Seine in the Bastille. There were all kinds of city gardens throughout Paris. They were tended so nicely.

Also along that same walk.

And one last one from that garden.

The Promenade Plantee is a 3 mile walk that is elevated about 4 stories from the street. It used to be a railway viaduct and now is a beautiful garden walk.

At the end of the Promenade was this playground. OK, seriously, roses on the fencing and inside the playground? I was amazed!

Rose garden on a houseboat!

Roses at the Paris Botanial Garden

I was surprised that there weren't more roses at Monet's garden. Here is a beautiful standard that was just coming into bloom.

For all you iris lovers here are a couple more pictures from Monet's garden. There must have been hundreds (if not thousands) of iris blooming when we were there.

Ever wonder how they plant those perfect rows of annuals in public gardens. These photos show the gardeners working on a huge garden bed. It was so interesting to watch them. The two guys on the ladder would plant a row (plants were already laid out for them) and then they would wheel the ladder back to do the next row. Quite ingenious.

Wouldn't you love to get your hands on all that plant material?!!?!

Finished product

We didn't go to Paris just for the gardens but it sure was a nice part of our trip. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!

Susan

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus