SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Gold Cone,Gold Totem,Golden Schnapp's,Hibernica,Blue Chip

Juniperus communis 'Gold Cone' ... i cant tell it apart from the next ..... but both are young ... maybe time will tell.. or one of you .... i wouldnt put much stock in comparing colr based on my camera.. and the sunlight differences ...

{{gwi:823533}}

Juniperus communis 'Gold Totem' .. someday my plants will be big enough to cut off pieces to cary to the other to compare ... they are probably big enough now.. just never did it ....

{{gwi:823535}}

Juniperus communis 'Golden Schnapp's' ... under a surviving ash ... not much yellow there ... i will have to watch this one in winter or spring ....

{{gwi:823537}}

Juniperus communis 'Hibernica' .. one of my first... not really a pretty tree .... planted straight up ... why do trees lean into the hill???

{{gwi:823539}}

Juniperus horizontalis 'Blue Chip'

{{gwi:823541}}

Comments (8)

• dcsteg
    16 years ago

As usual good quality conifers

I see one missing that you should have.

Juniperus communis 'Brynhyfryd Gold'. A new Scottish selection that is a variation of compressa with growing points emerging yellow in Spring. The foliage matures to blue/green in Summer retaining a slight yellow foliage under tone.

This one came from Iseli.

Dave

{{gwi:823543}}

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

anyone willing to give me a phonetic spelling on that one.. lol ...'Brynhyfryd Gold'

brin-hi-frid? .. try rolling the r's .... any clue where the emphasis is ... which si-LAB-el

ken

PS: i got the gold part ....

• dcsteg
    16 years ago

Download Iseli's June 2007 catalog and scroll down till you find it.

Dave

• greenlarry
    16 years ago

I like those Junipers Ken, could definitely live with them!

• Luv My Conifers
    16 years ago

Great pics!! I am curious, what is that growing to the left of the Juniperus communis 'Gold Totem'? Lilac?

• greenlarry
    16 years ago

anyone willing to give me a phonetic spelling on that one.. lol ...'Brynhyfryd Gold'

BROON uh frud?
    I am curious, what is that growing to the left of the Juniperus communis 'Gold Totem'? Lilac?
    looks like a Poplar or Tulip Tree to me.(Liriodendron)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

medio [middle] variegated tulip tree.. which is not a tulip ... i am blanking on the proper name ... gosh is google fast ....

Liriodendron tulipifera 'Medio Variegated' ... which is probably an improper name... lol ... without the need to argue about propriety .. is there a better name?????

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: tulip .. smulip ...

• Embothrium
    16 years ago

The one with yellow in the middle of the leaf is 'Aureo-pictum'.