SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northspruce

Heuchera - Coral Bells

northspruce
17 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble with coral bells being invasive. Someone made a comment like that to me and I was surprised because I didn't think they spread. I planted my first one last fall and it did very well over the winter and has put on a lot of new growth already, I was really impressed and thought I had a real winner for my part-shade garden.

Also I would be interested to know if anyone has a favourite variety of heuchera because mine is kinda brownish and doesn't show up much against my mulch :0( I think it's "Plum Pudding" or something like that.

Comments (72)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Mine are on the north side of my house, light shade, and they do really well there. I had Palace Purple in another spot but it died there, and now i have Silver Scrolls in the shady white garden (morning sun)- so far so good. :)

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Thanks guys! That's kind of what I suspected. Part shade in my yard is pretty scarce, so I'm going to have to do some looking around for those perfect spots. If only my trees would start growing and actually start providing some shade.........grumble,grumble.

• Related Discussions

Good Sources For The 'Newer' Heuchera (Coral Bells)

Q

Comments (13)
    I was in a bad place that year. My Mom was very sick and she passed the following year. When I got the second gift certificate as a sympathy gift from a friend I wanted to cry again. But I did post a negative on Garden Watchdog and they contacted me and are making it good. So their customer service was good. I have been gardening and ordering for 30 years and I have never had such a bad experience. Even with plants from Michigan Bulb and you know how bad they are. lol You said they were small this year, I am wondering if the positive was before the economy went down the toilet and they are rushing plants out the door before their time. I just feel they are one of the most expensive online nursery they should be larger and better plants. My order is coming in next week I will post pics. If they are going to start to send smaller plants they are going to lose good people like you.
    ...See More

How to propagate Heuchera (Coral Bells)

Q

Comments (8)
    I've had good luck with one I bought recently - Heuchera 'Key Lime Pie' - a gorgeous chartreuse. I loosened the soil away from the crown and pulled off small divisions right at the crown (they didn't have any roots attached) - actually the correct term would be basal cuttings, I guess. Anyway, I trimmed each cutting down to just a couple of the smaller, new leaves. I stuck them just deep enough to stand up in a peat:perlite mix and rooted them under intermittent mist, though you could probably use a plastic cover in the shade - anything to keep them moist. Mine took about 3 weeks to root - I got eleven out of the twelve I stuck. I will plant them out in the garden next spring. The mother plant has now grown back to about the same size it was before I took the cuttings, so am going to do some more. Heuchera Palace Purple is one that will come true from seed - you might try collecting seed.
    ...See More

Heuchera 'Bressingham' Coral bells

Q

Comments (1)
    I am not sure what does/does'nt come true from seed. I state this on my trade page. The way I see it is if someone wants it I assume they know or have researched it. I figure people should know about the things they want. The amt. you said sounds good. I would discuss it first with your trader and see what they think is fair for what they are sending to you. Hoped this helped. I guess it is more of an opinion than good info! lol.
    ...See More

Heuchera(Coral Bells)...

Q

Comments (2)
    Light needs and tolerance for heat/clay/drought seem to vary a lot by hybrid/cultivar. Suggest checking with a good local nursery on which ones are known to do well in your area. Heuchera seems a bit like Clematis in that some can do well in Texas, though many will not. Ones we've tried in Dallas have been happier under deciduous trees where they get some winter sun rather than year-round shade. 'Firefly' (?) has done fairly well in our slightly improved clay. The ubiquitous 'Palace Purple' survives, but hasn't thrived in current location - may need more light... or different soil. 'Ruby Bells' has been doing well in a pot now placed in mid-day sun - it didn't do much last year in a shadier spot. Others we have tried in the ground melted away after a season or so. Starting with containers may be a good way to find spots with a light/heat combo a particular cultivar likes in your area.
    ...See More
  • maggiemuffin360
    17 years ago

Moved two of mine from a full sun location into a part shade bed this year they are much happier and healthier there.

Marmalade

and Purple Palace

Margaret

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Laurie,

'If only my trees would start growing and actually start providing some shade.........grumble,grumble.'

Mature trees may bring shade but they also draw a lot of moisture out of the soil. Then you will be doing a lot more watering. If it is not one thing it is another, right?

Thought your yard looked pretty good the other day. The local TV station wants to do a blurb about rural gardens...want to have them visit you, also?

My heucheras are in part sun and sun, all throughout the landscaping. Different ones in different places. Really can't say here which one (shade or sun) they like the best.

Brenda

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Brenda, is your garden going to be on tv? Although, I must say that it should be.........superb park like setting is a really good description. I don't think my yard would compare, unless they're looking for sun-baked works in progress!lol

Yes, I suppose you're right about mature trees and extra watering. It's that thing about always wanting what you don't have, right? I know I'm bad for that ;^)

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

When they come to my yard this summer they will probably have to photocrop out the weeds and grass unless miracle of all miracles I can actually get caught up in the weeding department.

Yes, I think your yard would look great. The pond, the fence around the garden, the flowerbed islands, the perennials around the house, all make for a wonderful tour. Besides they will crop out what they think wouldn't look great. I won't even get to see the program 'cause we have Bell ExpressVu that does not have the local channels like Access 12.

Brenda (who is getting off topic)

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, this is weird. My H. sanguinea flowered but didn't have any petals. They look super ugly. If I look really closely, I can just see a few tiny red petals on some of the blooms but most of them are just naked. I kept waiting for them to bloom, thinking they just hadn't opened yet, but they are flowering without petals. Boo!

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

According to Devonian gardens, they say flowers are sometimes petalless. Can you take a photo for us, I've never seen that before?

• xtreme_gardener
    17 years ago

Laurie, I bet my garden would beat yours in the "sunbaked, works in progress" category anyday! LOL

I have even submitted my only huechera to the sun and baked treatment (Moving stuff to new garden beds). We'll see how she does...she used to have some shade from a large perennial, but alas no longer!
    Toots

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well it's nothing pretty but here goes... petalless Heuchera sanguinea:

A bit closer up:

Booooo!

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh yeah I was going to ask you Sharon, do you know if this is a temporary condition, or will this plant always be petal-free? You know what I want to hear, c'mon! LOL

• cailinriley
    17 years ago

Looks sort of like the flowers on the native heucheras. Not very showy, huh?

I had a Thalictrum that did the same thing. Instead of (relatively) large, pink flowers, I had lots of...well, flowers that looked like the ones on your heuchera. I finally gave the plant to my niece, who enjoys it just for the foliage. And, the plant has had petal-free flowers every year. It probably doesn't bother my niece, as much as it did me, because she has never seen a Thalictrum with the proper flowers on it. ;-)

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

!@$%**!!! That's why it was only $1.00!!!!

Oh well I too like the foliage and I have three Palace Purples now too to enjoy. They are doing very well and putting on new growth already :0)

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

LOLWeird, but its so cool, I like it ;)
    Don't know Gil, all it said was that the flowers are sometimes petalless and have conspicuous, colourful calyces (calyx).

I'd keep it and see what happens next year.

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Devonian Botanic Garden

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No way, I'm not getting rid of it, I'm too cheap ;0)

Funnily enough, the calyces are bright pink before the "buds" (if you can call petalless flowers buds) open. There's a stalk with closed pink buds slightly out of focus down the middle of the 2nd pic.

• north53 Z2b MB
    17 years ago

LOL, That's looks just like the flowers on my heuchera, the pretty leafed one I had posted earlier. The foliage is very attractive so I forgive it the ugly flowers and just cut them off as soon as they form.
    I'm anxious to see what kind of flowers I get on this year's seedlings. Probably I'll have to wait until next year, but I'm hoping for something similar to my pink flowering one.

• luv2gro
    17 years ago

My H.brizoides 'Bressingham Pink' put on such a good show last year, blooming from May all the way to early September. Strangely, this year it is not blooming. It's very healthy, very green and mounded really nicely. Just no blooms. Maybe it's taking a rest this year? Do they ever do that?

Shauna

• garden_chicken
    17 years ago

Love my Heucheras, but they always look so ratty late in the fall and early spring until the new growth fills in. What do y'all do with yours? Just leave them and live with the ratty bits or do you patiently cut away the dead leaves? Just wonderin'...

• janicesgarden_wa
    17 years ago

Heuchera's after a long winter need a little cleaning up, pinch off the old stem. If the plant has been in the ground for more then 3 years it may need to be divided.
    First thing to remember is that the Heucherella's (Lime Rickey) have a "single finger Stem" that grows from the center of the plant. Off of that will be vary small starts of baby plants. The single finger stem can be divided into several pieces, between each node or "nuckle", which will produce a new plant from the node or nuckle.

The second thing is that the mulit stem Heuchera is constructed like our hand with the palm as the root, the fingers are the plants long (stem with neckles). Division can be made between each node or nuckle.

Some of our native plants my disappear durning the coldest months, but don't worry cause they may come back. I thought I had lost one of my native Heuchera from frost but they surprised me and came back!

Happy weeding.

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My 'Palace Purple' came out of the snow this week, still perky and looking fine. Guess this one is hardy for me :0)

I'm starting 'Emperor's Cloak' and a Gardens North mix inside right now (thanks for the seeds, Sharon). Pretty excited about what will come out of those.

• fernzilla
    15 years ago

Well I am psyched up for Spring. I went to a local nursery,that I love and got two pots of Dolce Key Lime Pie. They were in gallon size pots, and seriously needed to be divided. I took the larger of the two, and was able to divide it into at least 8 clumps. I am planting all over my garden. I got 5 plants of Plum Pudding last fall off Ebay for only 9.99 and free shipping.They have done so well, I can't wait to more varieties.

• fernzilla
    15 years ago

I see alot of individuals asking about the hardiness of Huecheras. Heuchera is a Native North American plant, and should be hardy everywhere. The Hybrid varieties may be a bit more tempermental. I noticed all my heauchera revel in cold weather, and show thier best color, and growth in cool temps. They do however like good drainage, and not providing that, might add to thier not doing well.

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Just to let you all know....

There is a new heuchera that was developed at Jeffries Nursery in Portage, Manitoba that is being released this year for the first time. It is called Arctic Mist. It is a green variegated foliage with red flowers from (Snow Storm x Brandon Pink) x (Snow Storm x Brandon Pink). It should be fully hardy here in our zone 2-3 gardens as it is listed as a zone 3 plant.

http://www.jeffriesnurseries.com/arcticmist.htm

I phoned the two largest nurseries in Brandon and apparently The Green Spot will NOT be carrying it BUT Patmore Nursery Sales will. So, I guess I will be making a trip over there this spring as soon as they arrive at the nursery.

As for Dolce Key Lime Pie, this is a heuchera I have not tried as it is listed as a zone 5 plant in most places on the internet. Whether it would survive here in my zone 2b garden I do not know. Each year I am getting a few more heuchera for the flowerbeds...so it may show up here one of these years but whether it would be there the following spring remains to be seen.

This year I am planning on getting a few heuchera from Lindenberg's. The new ones they have that I don't are...
    Frosted Violet...listed as zone 4
    Dark Secret...also listed as zone 4
    Venus...listed as zone 3
    Caramel...listed as zone 4

As the deer don't seem to bother the heuchera too much I can plant them in more locations in my yard than I could a hosta, rose bush, tulip or lily.

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

I have Venus Brenda. It's leaves are quite pretty.

And in case anyone doesn't like the idea of spending Big bucks on a heuchera...they over winter lovely by a north facing window in the house.

Shelley

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

Shelley,

I like the leaves of Venus!

Not sure whether I want to overwinter ANOTHER plant in the house.

Are they prone to any type of bug when they are in the house?

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Oohh Venus is striking!

Last fall I managed to pick up for 1/2 price CRYSTAL SPIRES CORAL BELLS, I didn't plant it because it was getting too late in the season, but I do have it stored in the pumphouse right now. I hope it will be ok. I'm not sure if I want to plant it in the ground or in a pot this season.

It really has beautiful silver/ purple veined leaves. This website doesn't really show how beautiful it really is.

Here is a link that might be useful: CRYSTAL SPIRES CORAL BELLS

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

I have never heard of Crystal Spires. It looks really pretty. There is another one to look for this year!

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    15 years ago

I haven't had any types of problems in the house with regards to bugs. They really have no problems with them outside either.
    My Venus is planted outside now. But I did take slips off and have them growing in the house.

Tiarella grows well in the house too.

Shelley

• celtic_07
    15 years ago

I've growen heucheras for years and have never had any problem over wintering them outside(never brought one in) I cover all my gardens with about 2-3ft of straw each winter- I know it's a pain but I've never lost plants regardless of the winter conditions.

Tip as a general rule:
    : purple, pink or orange tone leaves=shade to
    moderate sun.
    :green leaves=sun
    exceptions
    :chartreuse=shade
    : Purple palace will tolerant more shade

If you increase the H2O you can often Increase the sun tolerance

Some I have growen with no problems are ; Sanguinea red flowers
    Bressingham red
    Obsidian- dkpurple/black leaves cream flowers quite "shiny" leaf (1st time I've had them )grew all summer in large 1/2 barrel with other plants; then into ground
    Marmalade- Fantastic amber/peachy/reddish leaves with red stems(full sun in cool areas)
    Palace purple
    Pewter Veil
    Richardsonii
    Dales strain- simialar to silver scrolls but when leave has sunlite behind ,it looks like stain glass
    Snowfire Blotted white and soft green leaves with pink flowers . one of my favs

Heucherella are similarin character Ones I grow are
    Sunspot/Spotlight they both look similar: chartruse leaves with burgandy streaking thro leave center -pink flower-quitestriking to look at
    Heart of Darkness:green leaf, white flower
    Kimono:large narrow green leaf with chocolate centres,rose flower

They are all great performers and have few demands.

Lois

15 years ago

I've had Dale's Strain for years - the flowers aren't all that attractive, though! It's in light shade, so maybe would be better in more sun. I did have a sanguinea near it, and i can't remember if i planted anything else there, but what's growing now is pink, not red. Palace Purple didn't overwinter for me, but Silver Scrolls is doing not too badly. I love the leaves on that one! I have another red one whose name i don't have handy, and Amethyst Mist, just planted last summer, so nothing really to report on it.

• fernzilla
    14 years ago

Heucheras are now one of my favorite plants. I noticed last Spring a Heuchera, that I purchased about 4 years ago was on it's last leg. I repotted it, and then moved it to another location. It got huge and performed better than it ever did. I googled Heuchera, and was amazed at all the variety. I purchased a Buy it Now auction off Ebay for 5 Plum Pudding with free shipping for 10.00. What a deal. I recieved these woody stalky things with a few leaves on each. I planted them in several pots. I couldn't believe as it approaced Winter They all began putting out tons of new leaves. They were gorgeous all Winter long. This Spring I purchased a pot of Dolce Key Lime Pie, just bursting with plants, badly in need of division. I got 9 nice sized plants from this. All are doing very well. I then got a nice sized Melting Fire at walmart for 3 Bucks. What a deal. I was able to divide that in half. I then got one called Silver Scrolls, and was able to divide it as well. I guess I am now a Heuchie junkie now. My garden is quite shaded due to many trees,and these seem do love it. I did have a bit of a problem with some huge Katydids munching on my Plum Pudding. I easily dispatched them.

• northspruce
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just wanted to share two Heucheras I grew from seed... one has maple shaped leaves in bronze shades (I think this came from Gardens North), the other has frilly lime green leaves (don't know where this came from).

• corabell
    13 years ago

Fifteen years ago, My neighbor introduced me to Heucheras.
    Since then, they are one of my favorite perrenials.
    Last Saturday, I planted my Frosty Velvet and now planned
    to purchased few more at Garden Harvest Supply.com.
    Thanks for all information and tips.

• unbiddenn
    13 years ago

Heucherella is a hybirdization between a heuchera (sun-part shade/ coral bell) and tiarella (full shade/foam flower). My absolute favorite flowers. I find one I havn't got and cannot resist. (same with sedum and clematis.. it's a disorder)
    Green Spice is my favorite, but not the showiest.
    Miracle beats tiramisu for its hardiness. They are nearly identicle, STUNNING in spring, right now a myrid of pale reds and yellow border, but Miracle is larger and hardier. Tiramisu never really took off.
    Firefly reproduces the fastest and blooms the earliest with some repeat, (some of the firefly are in a full sun rock garden and doing fabuluously). But its plain compared to whats available.
    Pistache beats keylime pie for its hardiness, and WOW factor.
    SnowAngel beats Monet for its hardiness. (but I will try the new Hercules because neither impresses me much)
    MochaMint is a lovely brown with silver sheen, but Silver Veil is a better silver, Silver Scrolls is good too.

Tiarella IronCross has been particularly strong for me.

I have discovered that the brown Heuchera disappear against the mulch, the Peach Melba is hardy and visable all the way across the yard.

My wish list for 2010
    Heuchera- Fire chief
    Southern comfort
    Paris
    Heucherella- Sweet tea
    Golden Zebra

Terra Nova nursery as far as I understand does not sell retail, but wholsale only.

• weeper_11
    13 years ago

Can anyone tell me how early coral bells usually come up in the spring? My garden is at the stage where my tulips are up, but not blooming yet, lilies are just poking out, irises are coming up, trees have no leaves on them yet (except for a few exceptions) etc...and none of my coral bells are showing any signs of life at all. I planted quite a few, so I'd be quite suprised if none of them survived. Are they a little later to come up? Plants like my salvia and daylilies all have leaves coming up.

• marricgardens
    13 years ago

Has anyone ever ordered Heucheras from Hosta Choice Gardens? I've been on their web site and they have a lot of heucheras listed. Makes the choice difficult. I had a few but they were winter killed, I also think the area I had them in stayed to wet in the spring and they may have rotted. I've made a new hosta bed and that's where any new heucheras will be going. I have Palace Purple but I also have Frosted Violet and I think I like her better. I also have Red Spangles, a hummers favorite. Last year I also bought Venus, Harvest Silver, Midnight Rose & Mocha.

13 years ago

Weeper, my heucheras stay green over the winter. They bloom - checks the garden journal - in June.

• linbar
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone - I happened across this site while Googling the heuchera 'Monet'.

I only read a few comments (back from '06 - so I apologize if any of thess questions have been answered) but I have quite a bit to say about heucheras and heucherellas that may address some of the questions here.

Terra Nova is a wholesale nursery - but you can get their gorgeous catalogs if you get on their mailing list.

I'm a coral bells junkie - only this year have I decided not to invest in any more for now as I have upwards of 30 - and I think I have just about every color. Also it gets expensive to buy the newest and lost them! Some have not survived our winters here in Southeast Michigan, but the ones that have I can list if anyone is interested.

Heucheras are supposed to be evergreen, but the leaves on most of mine don't survive the Michigan winters (I'm in a pocket of warmer temp. in the greater Detroit area, but our last few winters have sunk to single digits and sometimes with no insulating snow cover).

(Weeper) - Heuchera's can look just about dead in early to mid-spring, then slowly the tiny leaves begin to grow and suddenly the plant is back and thriving. So don't be hasty to give up on them. The darker ones seem to be the hardiest, but I have had these in my gardens for a minimum of 2 years (just a few!) - most for longer: Creme Brule, Peach Flambe, Snow Angel, Hollywood, Cappucino, Cafe Ole, Stormy Seas, Marmalade, Obsidian, Stormy Seas, Purple Palace (which started it all!), Encore, Lime Rickey, Ginger Ale, Green Spice, Key Lime Pie, Stop Light, Cinnabar Silver, Silver Scrolls, Mardi Gras, Earth Angel. The newest survivors of one or two winters are Hercules, Electra, Southern Comfort, Georgia Peach, Citronelle, Miracle (off the top of my head). Many of these I grow in large pots, as it's easier to mix the components of the soil they thrive in (and I still have to put in a couple more gardens).

One more thing before I bore you all to death...Dan Heims (co-owner of Terra Nova) and Graham Ware published 'Heuchereas and Heucherellas' - Timber Press, 2005. The book is my bible regarding care and culture of heuchs and heucherellas. It also goes into the origins of the plants (native to North America) - and the differences between the main species. It helps to know what conditions they come from when growing them.

Oh...and the few failures have been Alabama Sunrise (lost it twice), and Snow Fire (lost it twice, too).

LinBar

• linbar
    13 years ago

I apologize...I'm not far enough north to be on this forum!

That's what I get for skimming over things ;-(

LinBar

• kathy910
    13 years ago

Wanted to chime in that I just bought some more at the bluestoneperennials.com spring clearance sale. They don't have any 2010 intros but there are still some good ones.

• valleyrimgirl
    13 years ago

I wish that Blue Stone Perennials were in Canada...oh well...they did have some heuchera that I don't have here....

LinBar, I don't mind at all that you posted on the Far North. I also love heuchera!!! I would love to see your list of heuchera.

I am slowly putting together a powerpoint presentation on heuchera for presenting at gardening events. Lots of info out there for heuchera! The internet is a wonderful source of info.

Here is a list of heuchera that have overwintered at least one winter for me on my Canadian zone 2b acreage....
    Amethyst Mist
    Arctic Mist
    Blackout
    Brandon Pink
    Bressingham Hybrids
    Caramel
    Cherry Jubilee
    Chocolate Ruffles
    Crimson Curls
    Dale's Strain
    Dark Secret
    Dolce Blackcurrant
    Dr. Sitars Strain
    Firefly
    Georgia Peach
    Harvest Lemon Chiffon
    Licorice
    Marmalade
    Midnight Rose
    Molly Bush
    Palace Purple
    Peach Flambe
    Peppermint Spice
    Petite
    Pewter Veil
    Plum Pudding
    Purple Petticoats
    Regina
    Ruby Mist
    Silver Indiana
    Sparkling Burgundy
    Stormy Seas
    Strawberry Swirl
    Velvet Night
    Venus
    and, an unnamed yellow heuchera with green leaves....

These heuchera are new to me this year and I am hoping that they will also prove hardy for me...
    Autumn Haze
    Beaujolais
    Beauty Colour
    Can Can
    Cinnabar Silver
    Dolce Peach Melba
    Mars
    Miracle
    Pewter Moon
    Silver Scrolls
    Tiramisu

I love the colorful leaves and the small dainty flowers of the heuchera.

Brenda

• allandale
    13 years ago

I'm fairly new to gardening in Z3 and I'm hoping one of you many heuchera enthusiasts can answer a question. I've a couple of Palace purples in the shade that came back first time last year and did well despite the low light. This year the pink buds were just emerging and then disappeared altogether. I've seen no signs of life for about 10 days now. The weather actually warmed up so I don't think they got knocked back by cold and besides, they seemed hardy. They're in a bed with bog type plants so get a lot of water but the soil drains very well so roots aren't sitting in water. What else could have stopped them in their tracks? Thanks for your help. Cathy

• nromeo_dlt_ri_gov
    12 years ago

Most definitely ARE INVASIVE but you can stay on top of it. I planted two Amythyst Mist in partial shade and now have seven plants after three growing seasons (New England). They crop up about ten feet from the original plant. A lovely counterpoint to a sea of green, but they'll migrate so be aware (One is now in my lawn, oh dear).

• shazam_z3
    12 years ago

They're certainly not invasive in zone 3. I wish they were, I could always use a few more of these things.

• northspruce
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I agree, in the 5 years since this thread was new I have never even seen a seedling. Not invasive in Zone 2.

Why do these ancient threads keep getting resurrected? Weird.

12 years ago

Newer gardeners searching for things, i guess. But that's okay - always nice to have new people turn up hear. :)

• Bluetenstaub
    12 years ago

Hello valleyrimgirl/Brenda: I think we recently met at the 2012 MHA convention, chatting in the lunch line about Heuchera. I just stumbled on your post from May 2010 above when researching hardy Heuchera cultivars. So: did I miss your follow-up post? Which ones have wintered and thrived for you? Did you ever do your PowerPoint presentation? Anyone else have recent experience testing the hardiness of the newer Heuchera cultivars?
    Linda in Winnipeg

• valleyrimgirl
    12 years ago

Linda,

Yes, I did my powerpoint presentation at the Westman Gardeners February monthly meeting last week. Everyone really enjoyed it and learned a lot. If you know of any gardening groups in Winnipeg that need a speaker, I have no problem in driving in and presenting.

As for which heuchera in the list I gave above in May of 2010...
    Autumn Haze
    Beaujolais
    Beauty Colour
    Can Can
    Cinnabar Silver
    Pewter Moon
    Silver Scrolls

These survived and did well last year. The others didn't make it. :(

I am planning on checking out which new heuchera that the Hostageek will have this year and then also order some from Hortico as many there are only $8.

Brenda

• Bluetenstaub
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for the follow-up! Your talk must have been great, especially this time of year. I would love to recommend you to the Friends of Gardens Manitoba as a possible speaker. Could you please e-mail me and let me know how you can be contacted? Or just let Colleen know via the website below that you'd be willing to do a talk.
    Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Friends of Gardens Manitoba

• valleyrimgirl
    12 years ago

Linda, I have emailed you thru the garden web email option.

Brenda