SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Thursday seedling photos

shive
10 years ago

Some seedlings change for the better as time goes on, and some change too much.

PRECIOUS CANDY X TWILIGHT ILLUSION #2 nearly got composted this spring, but I decided to let it bloom to see if there were changes. And it has improved in color and the fact the petals and sepals are recurving now. You can see the other scape of it on the right. I think it had side branching last year, but this year is shaded too much by the Sun Bear seedlings.

PRECIOUS CANDY X Twilight Illusion #1 - I'm not as wowed by this one as I was last year. Last year there seemed to be more contrast between the petal color and eye. It has great bud count again - 19-22 per scape. And the scapes are nice and tall - not stunted like so many this season.

My early blooming white seedling out of Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction is not as white as last year. The pink highlights show through more now. And on very hot days, by evening the flower is light pink instead of white. The scapes are taller this year with better branching and bud count, which ranges from 16-20. That's quite an improvement for one that started with only three buds.

Debra

Comments (20)