SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

-----photos B4 Thursday's rain...... Flowers -------------------

deangreen
11 years ago

if you'r e not growing some sort of balloon flower in your garden, go ahead! they're perennials and it will add some cooling blue to the garden. :) The second pic is today's bloom on Siloam Sambo, this one is very dark and very nice, although an older variety lacking in bud count etc, but I still love it for the name and for the hybridizer. the third pic above was a fun surprise this morning, I have a row of seedlings from doubles and only this one had a scape this year. Sometimes my "program" takes a third year to bloom not just 2, ha! What a great corally color with an apricot fade to the center. You may have noticed although I like the patterned eyes on some daylilies, I really like the solid bright colors that shout out to the street begging to be noticed (as they say in The Color Purple...).

here are some garden shots. Since my house is painted grey with navy shutters, I like a lot orange colored flowers for the contrast.... second pic above is a gift from Mrs. Henry from her toss out pile, I think I've posted before. I like the way the eye switches to a bit of white before changing to purple. last pic is echincea Hope and you may notice the hardy artichoke leaves behind, again I got this to accent the grey house. the bright green/yellow leave at the bottom left are coreopsis "thunder and lightning" which I'd planned to be this stunning tall bright plant in the middle of the bed, but I'm still waiting for it to "take off". We'll see....

Comments (6)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

That is a very pretty garden there by that brick wall. I like the daylily from the toss out pile the best!

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

I like your double it's a nice warm color. In a clump it would sure get attention!

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I like your double seedling too, lovely color. I love balloon flowers & have several different kinds, one perennial that blooms off & on all summer long.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Dean, yours look lovely and refreshed.
    kay

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I have balloon flowers which always re-seed each year. I never know where they'll pop up. I picked Siloam Sambo as my favorite in your other post and it's still my lst pick.
    Love that dark eye and deep color.

Celeste

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I have had baloon flowers but the voles keep getting them as they do a lot of my flowers.. I like your seedling to. It sure adds a bright spot of color to your garden. Your beds are lovely...Ellie