SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

My Sincere Apologies to Flora

Annie
13 years ago

Please bare with me while I explain and offer my apologies.

Last night I talked with DH about yesterday's ordeal.

He agreed with me on the issues of "rescuing" wildflowers from the grader ditch here in the wilds of Oklahoma;

And with my attempts at restoring our meadow after we lost all or our wildflowers up there due to the Herbicidal sprays of the surrounding ranchers - which also washed down the hill and killed out most of my Herb Garden and veggies, btw);

And he was upset when he read the comments made toward me personally,

But when he read what I wrote what about the Gulf of Mexico mess, he said he assumed I was referring to the British Petroleum's responsibility for it.

I said, "Really? No. I was only referring to the greed of white MEN in the world who do not consider or care about the consequences of what they do to the earth, like the oil spill."

He said, "Well, it sounds like you were punching Flora below the belt, since she is British."

I said, "Oh my God! No, no, no, that is not what I was referring to at all! I wasn't even thinking about the BP connection!"

So, this morning while out weeding around the tomatoes, I thought about it a great deal, and I felt bad. I knew I had to come on here and post my apologies to you and anyone else I offended with that comment.

I am truly sorry, for how it was perceived by everyone, in particular you Flora. It was NOT my intention whatsoever. I wouldn't do a thing like that!

This is my attempt at making a PUBLIC APOLOGY to Flora and those who were offended.

I will not respond to messages posted in this topic.

~Annie

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting