SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dieseler

Trees Out For Good?

dieseler
15 years ago

Well hopefully the weather will stay above 40 now for nite time lows , thru next friday that seems to be the case. Tuesday will be the coolest day and night temps .

This past winter seemed colder and longer than the trees have seen while being stored in garage with coldest in garage between 6 and 8 above zero and in the teens for a spell as outdoor temps really plumeted in January when the low was 20 something degrees below zero and the high was minus 3 below zero a time or two. I lost a elder pussy willow tree when we had a heavy ice and wet snow one eve and sadly had to cut the whole thing down when it split not in 2 but in 4 different ways i could not save it.

I have never kept records as to when trees come out onto driveway for first time and when they go on cement patio in yard for the season but it seems this year i did much less wheeling of the trees in and out of the garage onto the driveway and back in at night. I only did that a hand full of times and now that the weather SEEMS like it has taken a turn for spring i have put the large pots in yard on the cement patio, the buds are slowly opening the ones that were left on and there are but a few breba that will not do anything but stay stunted and eventually fall or i knock them off . As for winter burn on the limbs of these trees i see none. Yes perhaps i can finally sit back in the warm mornings with coffee on patio swing and gaze at the trees and the dogs playing in the yard once again and watch things come back to life this spring.

Another winter has come and gone.

Another growing season has begun.

Best Health

Martin

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH