SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

WANTED: Ricky's Fall Swap-a-que - call for invitations

fawnridge (Ricky)
16 years ago

RickyÂs Fall Swap-A-Que

Well, the leaves are turning color, thereÂs a nip in the air, and hurricane season is coming to a close again; must be time for a Swap-A-Que.

HereÂs the stuff you need to know in a handy outline format.

1. The date is November 4, 2007 - Sunday.

2. Where you ask? Ricky and KarenÂs Garden in Boca Raton.

3. When? Well, this is pretty flexible but, you can get here any time after 10am. Setup, walk through the garden, relax. Start swapping as soon as your swapees have arrived. WeÂll serve lunch around 12:30 - IÂll be pullin the pork and jerkin the chicken. IÂm hoping to have a guest lecturer speak on plant propagation techniques and thatÂll happen around 2pm. Since itÂs November and the bugs have gone back to the Âglades, we invite you to stay for sunset cocktails around 6pm - BYOB.

4. If youÂve never been to a swap before click here.

Everyone is invited. Simply send an e-mail to rickyg and remove these words at and remove these as well fawnridge dot com and I will send you the invitation by return e-mail. For those of you whoÂve never been here before, this is necessary because we live in a gated community. Your invitation gets you through the gate with no delay and thereÂs a map attached as well.

I have quite a few plants already promised to folks but please remind me on this thread, as this is the only one IÂll be monitoring.

Now, just a brief word about desserts - far be it for me to deny anyoneÂs desire to create a dessert and bring it to share. But keep in mind, when the day is done and you are gone, all the leftover desserts will be either given two the two children across the street, who already have several cavities thanks to our group, or tossed in the trash. I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to sweets so they must be taken away from me immediately. My suggestion is to make a small amount of whatever dessert you bring. No one will be able to eat everyone one of them even if you made enough for the whole crowd anyhow. Also, IÂm not going to make my baked beans this time, only because weÂre both tired of eating them and want to taste someone elseÂs beans instead.

Last word - touring the garden: DonÂt miss seeing the outer perimeter. We have lots of paths through the center of the garden, but there some specimens on the outside that you can only see from the grass perimeter. I always forget to take folks there, so remind me as we walk. For the Croton collectors - please bring large Ziploc bags but leave your clippers in your car. I have quite a few Crotons that are in need of a hard cutback and I will be more than happy to trim them for you.

Comments (26)

Sponsored