SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margieschuett

Free sod for summer camp?

margieschuett
14 years ago

Good Day! I will keep this brief as your space is limited. I am the volunteer Chairman of a childrenÂs camp here in Calgary: Camp Cadicasu www.cadicasu.com is where you can find out all about the camp and the programs. We do provide a number of subsidies to campers who cannot afford to go to camp each year, and it is a not-for-profit camp.

We are moving after 77 years being located in Bragg Creek to Kananaskis. The budget for re-building the camp is $3.5 million. To date we have approximately $1.6 million. However, in order to open the camp this summer, we have had to pour all of our assets into the construction of the camp. The long and short of it is that we do not have any grass left after the construction. It is mud! As you can imagine this is not a good position for a childrenÂs camp to be in.

I need ANY KIND of grass (sod) that we could lay down to see us through this summer. It can be "seconds" or whatever you may have that is not suitable for retail sale. We can give you a tax receipt for the sod to whatever value you feel is right. We can pick it up and install it ourselves, but we just need the sod.

Can you help us out? That is the long and short of it. Please get in touch with me if you can provide me with any sod at all. On June 21 we will be having an Open House and we would like to have the sod in before then. Many thanks,

Margie Schuett Chairman, Camp Cadicasu

Comments (2)