SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrssims_gw

daylily seedpods/moving plants

mrssims
13 years ago

Hello all! My name is Holly and I am new to this forum. I used to do alot of gardening and I collected about 30 daylilies. Then we moved and I had to leave my gardens, but I did dig all the daylilies and move them to the new house. They are in a holding bed right now, but we are finally ready to move them to their permanent homes. I am a little rusty on my gardening 'rules' and I have a couple questions. First of all, many of them are done blooming or almost done blooming. Would it be okay to move them to a partly sunny location as long as I keep them well watered? It is really, really hot right now here but as I said, they are/ will be in partial shade. Any advice is appreciated! My other question is this: I see several large seedpods on some of the scapes. They never set seed at my old house and I am very excited at the prospect of sprouting the seedlings and growing them on under lights this winter, so I don't want to do anything that could harm them. Would I be better off to leave the plants with seedpods until I harvest the seeds? And how will I know when the seed pods are ready to harvest? Sorry for the newbie type questions, just don't want to lose any plants!!! Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)