SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Daylily Moving Time Again This Spring

newyorkrita
14 years ago

Each year for the past three years I have had a spring thread about moving daylilies around and transplanting in the spring. This year is no exception.

I have already done two rows in a new area were I now can have a garden because a tree fell down. Today I started on other daylily moving and transplanting projects. I had to move three daylily clumps, well all three double clumps but planted them together.

I moved STELLA'S RUFFLED FINGERS, EARLY AND OFTEN and GOING BANANAS. I put them in the area in my front yard that I call my little tree garden. That was some clumps of daylilies I moved in the late summer to plant around a potted mulberry tree. The pot is sunk in the ground. So since there were already daylilies there, I figgured another row in front would look good. It does.

This is all in front of a gardenbed area that I put in last year and then, running out of both ideas and time, just made into an annual garden. Going to make it bulbs and annuals (cosmos) again this year. Turns out I liked the annuals there very much last year.

Comments (14)