SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeners_hands

anyone know how to make a tiny branding iron? plz help!

gardeners_hands
17 years ago

good morning, someone, somewhere, must have also wanted a tiny branding iron and firgured out how to make one themself. Any memories stirring? I'd sure appreciate getting pointed in the right direction!

By googling I found there are places who will make a very nice one professionally - but they are in the range of fifty bucks. Ow!

What I have is a craft fair coming up, and all of my products are of wood; birdhouses, child chairs, planters, etc. I think it'd be so great to BRAND my website address on the bottom of everything. It'd be 22 letters & symbols - most of the fifty buck places allow three letters & symbols.

There must be some way... perhaps using tie-wire or metal clothes hangers? But even if I were able (how?) to form the lettering neatly, how to BACK them so that once heated with a propane torch that all would press into the wood at the same time???

I guess what got my teeny tiny brain all smoking is that I bought a little woodburning kit - six bucks at Big Lots - and woodburned a birdhouse. It was fun but excruciatingly slow! I first burned my logo onto a scrap piece of wood, took and then I forgot it was on that piece and tried out a new bit and accidentially drilled a hole from the other side right through it and ruined it. ;( (heh heh). The birdhouse turned out amazing, but took over 4 hours! Me thinks this little el cheapo thing just does not get hot enough. It had to linger on every spot unbelivably long.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

GH-

Comments (8)

Sponsored