SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oxankle

No darn wonder he has good feedback

oxankle
16 years ago

LOL;

Some of you expressed doubt as to whether or not an order for a $5.95 Hardy Chicago which is hardy to zone 4" and "does best with two for fruiting" was wise.

Being a gambler at heart I bit. Since shipping on extra items was only $0.50 per item extra I also ordered a pussy willow and a blueberry.

Came Friday. They came US post, in a plastic bag inside a box. The "root ball" of each was enclosed in a piece of plastic about 6 inches square. What I took to be the fig was about as big around as a pencil and barely emerged from the plastic. All three of the root balls would have fit in a coffee mug. I had my grandson to mind, so could not examine the plants closely until today.

One of the plants, apparently the P. Willow, was labeled "fig". The blueberry was labeled "blueberry" (if I am correct in identifying them, and the fig stub was labeled "Pussy Willow".

The blueberry and P. Willow were very small, but healthy, with fair root systems and I will get plants out of them.

The fig was a dead cutting, not a root on it anywhere and rotten on all but a quarter inch or so of the top, which was green. I was HACKED, so I called the company.

Got a call back within a couple hours. Fellow said that the rest of his figs that size were still in the ground and frozen, but he could replace my fig in three weeks or so, or I could have my money back.

Told him I was 76 years old and needed a fig that would bear before I croaked. He laughed and said he would bare-root me a big fig out of his greenhouse and if I liked it I could send him the postage or not as I pleased.

Now we know why his ebay feedback is good.

Ox

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery