SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Whats your deer eating! LOL, and other reasons to hate them!

silverkelt
13 years ago

Before I gardened, I used to like deer.. 4 footed feeding machines...As I again extend and restring preventive barriers, respray everything (which works prerain.. the darn deer know when it rains though and just come and eat at that time...

But now.. I hate them, whats in your yard that they cant resist..

1. Oriental lilies, I have 3 stands, I dont know why I bother as they just get eating down to nubs every year. This is thier favorite in my yard.. by far. As I continue to plan to add more next year, maybe if I just keep adding Ill get some lol..

2. Echinacea they didnt get it all, so will have some at least this year..

3. Roses, goes without saying.. especially new growth...

4. Rudbeckia, I remember seeing a list saying rudbeckia isnt a favorite of thiers.. but here it is.. luckily rudbeckia will regrow.

5. Asters.. again luckily most wont mind being pinched and will get some flowers still.

6. anything and everything else LOL, but the seem to like green beans, this year I strung wire around my garden though and used a whole container of garlic and sprinkled it throughout, that lasts about a week lol.. but maybe enough to break their habit..

Ever been tempted to do something illegal, lol, I think the deer can almost drive me to it..

Silverkelt

Comments (23)

Sponsored