SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzy_h

New Gardner in Northwestern Alberta

Suzy_H
11 years ago

Hi everyone.
I am looking to connect with others in my region to swap seeds and plants with as I am learning lots about gardening (or trying to) and have learnt that seeds saved in your area should work better as they will have some sort of genetic memory and will adapt to your region.
Anyhow, I am near Fairview , AB. If anyone is interested or just wants to connect with me that would be great.
I have copious amounts of spinach seeds to give away, and some table queen acorn squash, dill, poppies, some cilantro and a bit of clarimore zucchini ( which may be a hybrid? I will see what I get this year)
I have three types of raspberries maybe four you could come dig up suckers from. One is a thornless variety from my mother in law in berwyn, one is a yellow variety from my uncle near manning and I bought some from Dunvegan gardens but she didn't know which was which so I likely have some Boyne and maybe another one I can't remember. I endorse the yellow one. It has grown better than the greenhouse bought ones and tastes sweet picked unripe and even sweeter picked ripe.
I have 3 small apple trees, 2 cherries, 2 haskap 2 grape, some chokecherry if it servived the winter. And some strawberries.
I am getting a bunch of new plants this year so hopefully they all live.
I am interested in learning about anything that will grown in my zone and is edible, or useful in any other way.

Comments (22)