SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Reflections...

I have just come in from a walk around the garden, through the old garden gate I salvaged twenty years ago I ducked under and through the sweet cicely and soloman's seal on either side of the path, overhead the english rose Constance Spry is still in tight bud waiting to burst forth in a one time sea of pink. Looking up to the right the fence is smothered with clematis, Gurnsey Cream in full bloom and Mrs. P.T. James is starting to show her lovely double flowers. The honeysuckle lie patiently waiting their turn to release their perfume through the garden. To the right the hosta bed is a mass of green and gold, above, over the woodshed roof the rambler Albertine, full of buds, is waiting to burst into full bloom.

Up three steps into the shade house the fuchsias newly planted in their baskets welcome the warm air, putting on new growth to support the flowers they'll produce later in the season.

The gravel path above the shade house has almost disappeared in a tangle of yellow poppies and blue columbine, the clematis on the shade house is in full bloom filling the air with the scent of chocolate. As I pass the first pond the goldfish swim to the surface begging for their evening meal. It is a warm balmy evening and the garden seems to be welcoming me with open arms.

Around the corner looking back there's a carpet of ladies mantle still sprinkled with water droplets that look like pearls, as I step down onto the small deck in front of the Koi pond and after feeding the koi I sat looking at the planter that surrounds this little pond, the ferns and fairy bells, the hostas and the willow gentian all intermingling with each other. I'm thinking this whole area has grown so since I took photo's for the slide show.

I don't have many friends that share my interest in gardening, my closest friend she's a gardener too, lives on the other side of town and we don't get to visit each other often so tonight I thought I'd share my garden with all of you, my gardening friends.

Annette

Comments (17)

Sponsored