SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Sounds a little strange to me...

It has been overcast, rainy, and very windy here the past few days, so I can't get out to do much.

So I decided that I might sort thru some of my garden stuff and toss some things. I don't know about you guys, but I always get a ton of garden related mail. While tossing I came across this little promotional booklet for Jerry Baker 'garden potions'. I skimmed thru it. I got quite a few chuckles too.

Here are a few of good ol' Jerrys "motions, potions, and lotions" for your lawn and garden.

Q: How does one neutralize a lawn that has been chemically treated?

A: With sugar water. Add 1 cup corn syrup to 1/2 cup baby shampoo; spray with 20gal. water.

I certainly hope you don't have a mosquito situation...

Q: How do I break down grass clippings faster for compost?

A: Mix 1 can beer, 1 can regular soda, 1/2 cup liquid dish soap, and 1/2 cup chewing tobacco juice

Throw in some chips n' dip and you got yourself a party...

His house plant tonic:

1/4 tsp. instant tea, 1/2 tbsp. ammonia, 1/2 tbsp. hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 tbsp. baby shampoo, 1 vitamin tablet + iron, and 1 capful burbon (what a waste of perfectly good burbon!!)

Add Salt and Pepper to taste...;-)

Tonic to keep away deer and rabbits:

1 tbsp. baby shampoo to 1 tbsp urine (URINE!) per gallon of water.

Well I don't think I'm going to be using those measuring spoons again for baking! I certainly hope your neighbors arn't watching...

And my personal favorite

Q: How do I get my African Violets to bloom? How do I stop the leaves from curling under?

A: 10 drops weak tea water, 5 drops whiskey, 5 drops baby shampoo, 4 drops hydrogen peroxide, and "birth control water" (1 BCT pill dissolved in 1 qt. water)

How can this be a good idea? It does say not to use on food plants...brilliant. That would be a funny explanation, "oh, those pills arn't for me, its for my African Violets!".

What is the strangest garden related advice you have ever heard?

Hope you all have a great day!

CMK

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH