SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystic_dragon72

Finally got all the dirt in place.

mystic_dragon72
14 years ago

Got a delivery of 5 yards of soil for our new raised beds and spent yesterday and today spreading it all out. Man that dirt's heavy!! I cheated though and just used Roundup on all the grass/weeds that were growing in the places I put the two beds. Did that a week or so ago and all the stuff was DEAD when I started moving the dirt. I put cardboard down under some of the dirt where the lilies are going... hopefully that'll help keep the weeds down a bit. DH was the one that did most of the shovelling into the wagon and he also drove the lawn tractor to pull the wagon... but I did all the raking and levelling. That is until today. I finished off the last of the dirt all by myself and now I'm quite tired. Plus I attempted to plant the Japanese maple and roses in that bed but I only got the hole dug for the tree as once I got through the dead grass the dirt under was nothing but rocks!! I managed to get the whole dug deep enough for the tree before DH came home and helped me plant it.... hope it don't mind the rocks mixed in the dirt. I was so pooped after all that work that DH managed to plant three of the five roses going in that same bed... lotsa rocks in those holes too. We'll see how they do there. I will take photos of everything tomorrow after I get all the 60 lily bulbs planted.

I feel like a wimp now though after all the other posts about all the work everyone is doing... what I did is nothing compared to what y'all have done! Kay, you're absolutely a machine to be able to do all that work after being up for 36 hours! CRAZY!

ttfn

Cheryl.

Comments (2)

Sponsored