SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

OT - Iris - Lupine pics

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

I thought to post just a couple this evening.

Unknown Bearded Iris blooming. I have alot of stalks up all over. I think the heat then cold really has them blooming off schedule.

I only have a couple in this color so I'm keeping them.

These are the ones I've been digging out the past week since I'm on overload with them.

The wild lupine are starting to send up flower stalks. I'll need to transplant some this year as they are starting to take over the garden.

No scapes so far and I'm still weeding and assessing the damage from the bad weather we had. The poor foliage took a hit when the snow/sleet and then hard freeze came. Hopefully I have a bloom season this year. Judy Davisson RABBIT RABBIT has sent up scapes already. I will definitely only let one bloom and cut the rest. They are way too new here to let all the scapes bloom.

Another order came,BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS. Nice clump he sent but all the scapes were cut off so I'll have to wait till next year to see this one bloom. I can enjoy Kay and Cindy's photos this year ;-).

A friend on the Email Robin sent me CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL. I'm waiting for a break in the weather to get both of these planted.

That is it for now.

Julia

Comments (8)