SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dredawg5000

Before & After 5yrs! (bandwith warning)

12 years ago

I�ve been in my home for several years. However, my landscaping endeavor began about 5 years ago. Wow, what a difference a few years make!

I have a corner lot and finally fenced in my backyard with a combination of pressure treated pine to match my neighbors who I joined on to and aluminum fencing to avoid a completely closed in feeling. Using some aluminum fencing and gates (to me at least) makes the yard seem more open, inviting, and welcoming I think. I had a shed built with a concrete foundation and used French doors (which match the back of my house) which allow plenty of light since it�s not wired. I installed the concrete ramp myself because the concrete guy wanted what I thought was too much extra money for the ramp. After mixing concrete by hand and shoveling it I think should have paid the extra dough and saved my back. Huge lesson learned.

When I started which you can see from the BEFORE pictures I did not have a single shrub or plant in the backyard with the exception of crabgrass!!! My corner lot backyard was completely exposed.

In the DURING pictures are the beginnings of undulating planting beds and a few pitifully tiny plants, shrubs and trees, but still no fencing or storage.

In the AFTER pictures I how have a fence, shed, and completed the undulating plating beds around the perimeter. Many of the plants a finally begun to grow a little. However, it feels like it going to take several more years and a lot of federal stimulus dollars to fill in the planting beds. I still have a very long way to go but I am truly amazed at how far I have come in 4 years. Needless to say, this has all been expensive yet rewarding!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z197/dredawg5000/024.jpg

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath