SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

Anyone have their own website?

valleyrimgirl
13 years ago

I was wondering if anyone else in the Far North had their own personal website to show others what they grow in their own yard?

I still have my photobucket albums which is where I upload pictures that can then be shown here on the Far North. But, in response to requests over the years, I have 'bit the bullet' and am now working on my own website.

In the website I cannot only add the pictures like I do into Photobucket, but I can provide information about the perennial from the height, color description, hybridizer, etc. I am also adding comments to various perennials...like...the first iris to bloom in my yard or maybe a comment about its growing habits or maybe I like its distinctive color.

The website address is

www.valleyrimgirl.com

There are two things I am concentrating on right now with the website...The first one is a very consuming part of having a new website......linking all the pages together. You know...the little buttons at the top and/or bottom of each page that when clicked on will bring you to the previous or next page. It is about a 6 step process for each button so I am still working on getting all the buttons in all the pages.

Secondly I thought I would pick a perennial (I chose irises) and try to upload all the different varieties of that perennial into the site. So, right now this is the section that has the most pictures in it.

I am quite enjoying the process of setting up the website, selecting the pictures to put on it and getting the feedback about the site. As I have thousands of varieties of perennials here I think I will be adding pictures for years!!!

So, enjoy valleyrimgirl.com and check back often for new perennials in there!

Brenda

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus